Chapter 26: Zavier

A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.-Max Muller

Music: My Heart Is Yours by Justin Nozuka

A little tidbit about abuse victims at the top. So you understand Jordan even more. COMMENT AND VOTE!

3rd Person's Pov.(not edited)

"I was thinking about something you said. You said an hour was enough time and space for you, but would you really have believed me if I said I was ready for this in an hour after all that."

"You're right. Probably not."

"I wouldn't have even believed myself at that time. It would have been a complete lie and we promised each other to always tell the truth to each other."

"Of course."

"So your birthday is tomorrow," Korali reminded him burying her face into his chest and inhaling

"So your birthday is tomorrow," Korali reminded him burying her face into his chest and inhaling. She wanted to do something special. And to change the subject. Something that would remind him of all of the good. Give him a great first birthday. Even if he was turning 23 years old.

"So?" She felt his body shrug again. "It's not important." He picked up my suitcase and started down the wooden staircase of the pack house.

"It's just a day."

She scowled her eyes narrowing into slits. "It's going to be important. What do you want for your birthday?"

He looked back at his mate and sent a quick grin, "You really want to know that answer?"

Confused on his sudden joking manner she nodded. "You and me outside."

"You? And me? Outside?" Korali repeated slowly and then it dawned on her. "Oh my--Jordan you're so nasty." She laughed gripping his arm in a slight hug.

"But as you wish," she giggled her mood playful. She was almost out the door when she finally caught eyes with the blushing Cailo, who was rubbing his arm his cheeks a fiery red color.

"She told you, didn't she?"

"Uh? Explaining how sex as humans work to a 22-year-old woman is the most awkward thing I've done. She said 'I'm not stupid Cailo, I know what reproduction is. I just didn't think it was supposed to be in that position.' But her asking to see it, was too much."

"She's your mate Cailo, you should have just whipped it out." Korali giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I was going to, I was but then I told her how it hurts at first, ya know, the basics and she freaked."

Jordan's body started to shake even more with laughter. Korali glared at him, hitting his shoulder before saying "I told you I need to speak to her. Cailo, let a girl handle it. She'll be okay when I'm done."

After a few words and with Arion she knew all about the act of making love and how it'd be. She wasn't necessarily comfortable with the ideas of positions but she said she'd get over it. She also confided in Korali, telling her that although she loved Cailo it was the mating bond pushing her to be lustful, because her mind was still seeing him in the light of her friend who she wasn't sure she wanted to show her body to. Which was understandable. She hadn't seen Cailo since he was prepubescent. She was just now growing into her female feelings for him and it was a different situation.
***