Chapter 17: Blooming Manias

"Bloom beautifully

dangerously

loudly

however you need

just bloom."-Rupi Kaur

I Bruise Easily by Natasha Bedingfield(the song)

Korali's Pov.(Not edited)

I knocked on Jordan's door to his room. He had been holed up there the whole day and I was worried. When he didn't answer I pushed open the door to find him in fetal position on the bed, his long fingers holding onto his dark hair. I was conflicted on what to do, knowing he wasn't use to comfort.

"Jordan?" I asked alarmed. I walked closer only for him to groan. From this view I could see his tense muscles and the strain he had on his body.

"Don't come any closer Korali. I could—I could hurt you." His voice cracked and I immediately knew something was wrong.

I went closer anyway. I touched his rigidly tensed back and they softened. "What's happening to you Jordan?"

"There's something I need to tell you." He slowly unraveled himself from his fetal position on the bed and looked up at me. Something close to distress on his face.

I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his. He grabbed it and caressed it lightly. I tried to hide my initial shock from the gesture but I think he saw it because he ripped his hand away, looking at it worriedly. "My mother's alive."

I my hand flew up and I accidentally slapped him in the arm. I tried not to look startled but I guess it was too late for that. "Wh—How?" Then I looked down at the floor then back to his green eyes. "She still speaks to you." My assumption wasn't wrong.

"Her pack link was never broken."

"She keeps telling you things?"

"Not—not exactly. Just reminders. It's not everyday, sometimes she goes months without saying a word. Because in order to speak through her weakened pack link she would need to be close or in the territory because of her not being officially severed from the pack."

"Oh, Jordan" I cooed throwing my arms around him and feeling his body go stiff.

"Korali," he started to warn.

"Friends definitely hug. I hug Peter," he growled but I continued, "Kaliko, my mom. Friends hug." I finished squeezing him a bit tighter before letting him go. "Let's take a walk."

He fixed his mouth to say no but reluctantly nodded. I beamed pulling him out of the bed.

When we finally made it to the forest, I took a deep breath breathing the green landscape feeling at peace.

"Why was the human telling you to call him if you're pregnant?" He was avoiding the subject of his mom and I wasn't going to push him on the matter. He'd say what he needed in time.

"Why do you care? Me being pregnant isn't going to happen. Why were you invading my personal space and listening to my conversations?" I scolded him because he was being nosy.

"Because I don't trust that human," I was use to his grumbling by now. Especially about Peter.

I rolled my eyes "You don't like Peter because you think I have a thing for him. Which again, if I did, wouldn't concern you."

"Anything that has to do with you concerns me." I tried containing my smile. It didn't matter because his mood caused him not to see it.

"Jordan, whatever you are jealous. But it doesn't matter. Peter was just being a friend. If someone you loved" he growled, "platonically or like a sibling was in trouble you'd offer your assistance. That's all he'd do" I finished bumping into him slightly.