Chapter 24: Love Is Immediate

Song: Might Have Been by Kate Voegele

DONT FORGET TO SHARE! VOTE! AND COMMENT!!!

I know it's choppy-ish but bear with me.

To you it was just picking flowers. To them it was a massacre."-Iain Thomas(Pleasefindthis)

Korali's Pov.(NOT EDITED OR LOOKED OVER SORRY IF THERE's A LOT OF MISTAKES)

Jordan stood silent, his arm tight around me. We had just arrived at the part of the forest where they had kept the intruder detained. She smiled upon our arrival, causing Jordan to tighten his hold. When I finally looked her over I looked at Jordan and Max not understanding why they didn't seem more excited.

Was I the only person who saw it?

"Arion?" My voice sent the three into a disarray. Three sets of eyes stared me down before Max and Jordan's went towards her.

"Who's she? She recognized me before you guys and I'm sure we've never even met." She smiled and it seemed truthful enough. Her skin was a dark brown with a golden hue to it. Her black corkscrew curls were lengthy and sat at the middle of her back. Her body wasn't over muscular, it was the perfect hour-glass figure, more towards the thicker side.

"No one should really be surprised since I know you've seen Mahalia." She shrugged stepping closer to us.

Jordan took us a step back before asking "How?"

"I've escaped. But that's beside the point. Jor and Maxie! All we're missing is Cai and we'd have our old group back together!" Her voice was excited and you could see the actual joy in her eyes, underneath were slight bags and she tried to cover the look of exhaustion.

"Escaped?"

"Your mom practically kidnapped a bunch of us and raised up as assassins. She's had hella guards around us, she calls us the elites. Your dad—"

"My dad is still alive?" I could hear the happiness in Jordan's voice. He held me a bit tighter.

"He's not the same Jordan." She smiled grimly. "He's a shell of his former self. He's still not crazy, but it's almost as if he has no mind at all. Just sits there blankly all the time looking into the distance. Time has not been his friend either. His hair is all white, his face has aged to make him look a lot older than just his 40's. Except when he looks at Mahalia." She flicked her brown almost black corkscrews over her shoulder. "When he looks at her, you can see the regret in his eyes. Which is understandable since that little girls a nut. Sorry Jor."

"How do we know we can trust you anymore?"

"I'm telling you all the information you need to be safe. All I want is to be apart of the pack again. To see my parents. To be normal. Growing up in that camp was not a life."

"Your parents don't live here anymore."

"What?" The tears were in her eyes, "Where are they? Do I have any brothers and sisters?"

"No. They moved to the city once you disappeared." Max spoke and she ran and hugged him. He appeared stunned for a bit before hugging her back.

"Well can you call them! I missed my mom and dad." You could look at her and see her mixture of Mexican and Sudanese, she was a blend of both parents.

"We aren't going to do that." Jordan spoke and I looked up at him. "As much as we missed you and are glad you're back. Before we're sure on if we can completely clear you of anything that can lead this pack wrong, we're not allowing you off territory, and we cannot allow anyone except Kaliko," Jordan shot me a reassuring look, "in."