CHAPTER-31

I caressed her hair lovingly, trying to provide her some ease that would eventually help her sleep and escape from the pain

I caressed her hair lovingly, trying to provide her some ease that would eventually help her sleep and escape from the pain. Within no time, she drifted into a deep sleep, holding her mother and sister's portraits close to her chest. I gently removed my hand from her waist, making sure not to disturb her peaceful slumber. Then, I stood up from the bed, switched off the room's light, and quietly left, heading towards the entrance of the mansion.

My mind was so occupied with everything I had heard today, as Siya finally opened up to me about her past trauma. Each incident, each pain she shared, left me shattered into pieces. "My chest feels so heavy... ahhh," I placed my hand on my chest, feeling the weight of everything that had bottled up within me in just a single night, with hidden stories starting to surface up.

I ordered the mansion staff to take care of Siya until I returned. I left the mansion in my car, driving on an empty road, feeling blank. With one hand on the wheel and another on my chest, I struggled with anxiety, making it difficult to breathe. I stopped the car in the middle of the empty road and stepped out, hoping to catch some air and ease my difficulty in breathing. Rubbing my chest and gasping for air, I knelt down on the road, shouting out all my frustrations, looking up at the sky to release my restless emotions.

"Kyun... kyun... cheen liya sab kuch usse, kyun itna dard diya aur aaj tak de hi rahe ho, kyun aap uske saath aisi nayi safaai kyunnn." I cried my heart out, asking the almighty who forgot to light up her life, "Itna sab kuch seh rahi thi akele, pehle usse uski sukhi parivaar cheen liya, ek mumma aur behen thi woh bhi apne cheen liya, aur uss insaan ke paas chhod diya kyun..." I asked further, crying and looking up at the sky with tears rolling down my cheeks unstoppably. With the thought of how much she went through without anyone in her life, my soul tears apart with the pain.

( "Why... why did you take everything from her, why did you inflict so much pain, and why are you still doing it to her even now? Why did you leave her alone, bearing all that suffering on her own? Why..." )

( "She was enduring so much alone, first you took away her happy family, her mother and sister, and now you've left her with that person. Why..." )

I gave up on asking him, with unstoppable tears rolling down, crying bitterly, feeling the unbearable pain in my chest. "Meri rooh Siya ki behen thi, meri rooh ne bhi sabkuch saha hai aur usse bhi cheen liya apne." With the reveal of Rooh's real identity, my old wound was refreshed with the same unbearable pain. "Rooh..." shouting her name and crying because of so many losses these two sisters went through.

( "My Rooh was Siya's sister, my Rooh also endured everything, and then you took her away from us" )

While I was crying, holding my broken pieces with the pain of both the sisters, I heard a similar calm, sweet voice calling me "adi." I turned my teary gaze towards the direction from which the voice was coming. When the view in front of me cleared, I stood up from my place with a jerk, recognizing the person in front of me - "Rooh." I couldn't believe my eyes that she was standing in front of me, wearing her same white cute dress with her flower clip in her hair. Seeing her after so many years, I couldn't explain any of my emotions or feelings, just staring at her beautiful appearance in front of me with my teary eyes.