sharing cigarettes

'Are you serious right now?'

Y/n Glanced at Elio and bit the inside of his cheek when he saw that Elio was now not staring holes into him, but looking out a window.  'So we are gonna have to work together?  This is going to be ´fun´. Damn it'

The teacher paired the rest of the students into groups of two and instructed them to go sit next to their partners and begin discussing their assignment. Y/n rubbed his palms on his pants and stood up to walk over to the seat next to the black-haired boy. 

Y/n took the chair nearest to Elio and moved it to touch the side of his desk. Elio visibly tensed up when the scraping of a chair came closer to him but refused to look anywhere but out the window.  Y/n noticed his reluctance to acknowledge him. "So do you have suggestions on what we should do the essay about?"

No response. 

Y/n´s eye twitched lightly. "I was thinking perhaps we could do the essay about Electrochemistry. you know, the relationship between electrical potential change and identifiable changes? Has that already been discussed?" Once again. no response. "...Look. Elio-" The black haired snapped his head towards Y/n. "You...remember me?" He whispered in disbelief.

Y/n raised his eyebrows "Yes?.."

'So they didn't lie..'

The h/c haired boy chuckled "What? Did you actually think I'd forget one of my closest friends?" Elio gave him an uncertain look "I suppose you are correct..." He adjusted his glasses. "It hurts me to think you have such low expectations of me Eli." The black-eyed male once again gave him a look of irresolution.

"So, should we do the assignment about Electrochemistry?" The black haired boy nodded lightly "Should we work on the assignment at your house or mine?" 

"Yours." Elio answered immediately "Me and Roy are currently residing in the Pierce habitation, it would be inefficacious to try and work with those uncivilized fools around."

"you are?"

Elio furrowed his brow in slight irritation "Yes. we are...housemates, one could say. Howbeit, They can be insufferable."

"You're unequivocal in your opinions of them." The black haired grimaced at his words "Not about them. about their ways of behaving. They're too careless, too often." Y/n arched a brow "By what i'm hearing it sounds like you are the one cleaning up their mess regularly."

"..." 

"Well! Let's start planning out the assignment, we have been slacking off for a while."

"Ugh! This is frying my brain. When is this class over" Y/n complained and put his head on the desk where Elio was working. The black haired looked at him with a blank look. "You haven't done anything apart from looking up the Beginning of electrical matters in the sixteenth century...and it's not even relevant to the part of the essay we're currently working on."

"Cut me some slack Elio. I'm not as smart as you when it comes to these things" His voice muffled from the desk. 

"...I figured as much." The h/c haired boy straightened up from his slumped stance "What's that supposed to mean?!" Elio closed his eyes "I think we both know what I mean." Y/n  glowered at him. "I'm not gonna fall for the compliment fishing Y/n."  

Y/n rolled his eyes lightheartedly "Always so straightforward, huh Levine?" Elio flinched lightly at the mention of his surname. The h/c haired looked back at the chemistry book the teacher had lent out to him. A few moments of silence went by between the two. "I heard your mother is back in her respective position." Y/n lifted his head up to stare at the male agape "HUH?!" a few students around glanced at him in annoyance.