The aftermath

Y/n's hand reached out to stop the girl, but it was too late. She was already falling. Seconds went by, it felt like hours. And then a plummet was heard, along with a terrific crack, and soon after, screams.

The trio stayed silent.

Blood from Y/n's wounds dripped onto the wet ground, but the boy tuned out the aching pain, his mind was too occupied with what he had just witnessed. The group stayed motionless until the flaring of sirens could be heard in the distance and a dark blue reflected in the sky.

"We..we need to go down there, someone called an ambulance, you need medical attention." Kiara stammered out. Y/n nodded vacantly, Clark helped him up and helped the boy walk. The teens slowly descended the stairs, not exchanging a single word on the way.

They eventually reached the ground floor and walked out the main entrance. There was a mass of students all around, their eyes turned toward the trio, or more specifically, Y/n's injury, Clark had to push away people to create a path for the three to move past, to the ambulance.

They got to the ambulance, and the paramedics rushed to their side. One of the workers opened the backseat, and Clark removed Y/n's arm from his shoulder to allow the h/c haired to sit down. "Thanks, man." Y/n coughed out as he leaned his arms forward on his thighs in a spread position.

Clark nodded and backed off to make room for the paramedic, who came dashing by with a medical kit to assist the injured boy. While Y/n was getting bandaged up the brunette moved his eyes around to assess the crowd. His eyes locked onto four people standing meters away, the mass of students had unfortunately parted just enough for Clark to meet eyes with them.

And they didn't look pleased. They were glaring daggers at him, The brunette gulped, he knew exactly what had granted their spiteful reaction. ' Talk about if looks could kill' Clark turned his attention away from the quartet and regarded Kiara "I will call my parents.." She murmured, "Okay" The girl sped away through the crowd. Clark rubbed the bridge of his nose. 'This is so chaotic.' The brunette narrowed his eyes in thoughtfulness.

"There you go, You might need stitches, Those were nasty wounds, but this should temporarily stop the extreme bleeding, you need to replace them in an hour or so." The paramedic informed. Y/n had gotten his hands bandaged up and thanked the worker before walking over to Clark who stood seemingly deep in thought a meter or two away. "Hey dude." The boy greeted. Clark jolted and stared at Y/n with a shocked look. "Woah, calm down there, I just-" Y/n assured. The brunette put his hands on the h/c haired's shoulders "Y/n. Do you remember what Avery told you about the serial killer?" He asked.

Y/n gave the brunette a confused look before his face neutralized in realization, "...Yes." Clark tightened his hold. "You need to tell the sheriff and your mother about it. If you don't, you can end up in terrible danger." His tone was firm. Y/n put on the slightest of frowns. "I don't kn-" Suddenly The h/c haired male was pulled back, out of Clark's reach, he nearly stumbled, hadn't a hand caught his wrist in a hard hold.

Y/n looked toward the person who had rudely interrupted his conversation and saw Elio, he was staring at Clark with a blank expression, yet the faintest intentions could be deciphered by the dark glint in his eyes.

"Don't touch things that aren't yours." Elio's tone was languid, but the brunette caught up on the warning behind the words.

Clark swallowed down saliva and gave Y/n a quick worried look before walking away. Y/n snapped an agitated scowl toward Elio and ripped his wrist away, lightly rubbing the flesh in a soothing motion "What the hell was that?!" Elio didn't answer and instead trailed his gaze toward the boy's hands. "You're hurt...What happened?" Y/n hardened his scowl. "Don't change the subject!" he hissed.