Cornered

¨So you mind telling me what that was about?¨ Kiara opened a bag of chips and offered the h/c haired some to which he politely declined.

¨Well...basically Nova came up from behind me and we talked a bit.¨ Kiara gave him a disturbed expression ¨He came up behind you? in the dark, in the middle of nowhere? what is he even doing out here?¨ Y/n rolled his shoulder ¨He told me he was there to get food, the others are hanging over.¨

Kiara nodded ¨I'm gonna act like I know exactly who the ´others´ are¨ sarcasm laced her tone. 

Y/n gave her a playful jab to her rib 

¨well the others as in Roy and Elio.¨

¨and Ezra?¨

Y/n rolled his eyes lightly ¨ I thought that would be too obvious to mention¨ Kiara gave him an offended look ¨Hey, how could I know that? I'm not the one who was ´BFFs´ with them years ago, I don't know them as well as you do, heck I barely know anything about them apart from their names.¨ 

The boy giggled and put his hands up. ¨Touché¨ Kiara stared at him for a few seconds before she too began chuckling ¨ I was just joking, don't worry.¨ 

the two continued walking down the dark path. suddenly Y/n's feet stopped moving. and Kiara regarded him with a light frown ¨whats up?¨ the boy didn't answer. He was staring warily into the forest a few meters away from them. 

´Someone or something is staring at us´

Y/n narrowed his eyes to try the get a better view of the thing that had caught in his peripheral vision just moments prior. The longer he stared the more he was becoming convinced there was something, someone in the forest. lurking. 

His eyes began adjusting to the dark. His stomach dropped.

in the woods behind some trees stood someone. The person was wearing a...mask? looked like it. The night prevented Y/n from seeing properly but he could see someone. Or at least, the outline of a figure. The moonlight shifted making it shine through the branches of the woods directly at the mystery person.

the individual was dressed in all black, with a hood pulled over their head, a dirty beige mask covering their face, with nothing but two black holes where their eyes assumingly were. 

The stranger was staring right at the h/c haired boy. Y/n couldn't stop the feeling of discomfort starting to churn in his stomach. The entire encounter felt ominous. Why was this person...out in the middle of the night in the woodland of all places in a....costume? or he assumed it was a costume. Maybe he was just a jerk wanting to scare people passing by. 

¨Uh..Y/n is something wrong?¨ Kiara asked concerned. Y/n snapped out of his intense staring match with the stranger and glanced at Kiara ¨Kiara..do you see...¨ he turned his gaze back to the person. But something was different. They lifted up their finger to their face and let it rest there. 

Oh god. He felt like vomiting on the spot. 

¨ Let's go. I think I saw a wild animal.¨

The boy began to usher the girl to continue walking. Away from the masked person. He assumed they didn't want Y/n to tell Kiara about their presence. not that he was going to listen to what some creep in the woods ordered him to do, he just didn't wanna take any chances, especially out in the middle of nowhere...cause if the person was dangerous. It wouldn't be wise to tell Kiara when they had no way of defending themselves if things did get ugly. 

¨But Y/n, there's no-¨ 

¨ Let's just go! We don't want our parents to find out we snuck out past curfew, right?¨ Y/n whispered-yelled in frustration. He didn't mean to snap at Kiara but he needed to get them away as quickly as possible, everything about the current situation set off alarm bells in his head.