Concussion

Y/n sat on the street curb, listening to the discussion he had taped. He had replayed the talk several times, attempting to comprehend every word and syllable, as if looking for a double meaning.

He suddenly remembered his interview with Alex. ' That interview. It felt weird, Alex sounded...regretful, over something.' The boy sighed and hit the record button.

"There are gaps in everyone's stories that I've heard talk about Avwery Emmons, and I'm starting to doubt who to trust. I need to find out who those friends are that Avery went to hang out with on October sixteenth.

'Something doesn't make sense.'

Y/n squinted his eyes as he listened to the audio. 'If the guys simply were arguing over some prank Nova and Roy pulled, why did they react the way they did when they discovered someone was eavesdropping?' He bit the inside of his cheek, felt a headache rise, and rubbed his temple. after a few seconds, he decided to put away the cassette recorder 'This is giving me a headache.'

He took out his phone and began idly browsing through the various applications. It was 4:08 p.m.; he had to wait another hour, a message appeared above is screen.

Nova: We will try to sneak out an hour early for you >:]

Nova: so pls wait a little while longer

Y/n's face twisted into disapproval.

Y/n: Just know, if you get caught and have to stay longer I am going home.

Nova: Who do you take us for? >:o

Y/n: -_-

Y/n is typing...

Y/n was to send a message of discouragement to the male but stopped when something hard hit the back of his head and his phone fell onto a nearby concrete as he became momentarily dazed from the impact.

Nova: LOL you good?

Y/n looked to the side as he saw a rock bounce off his head onto the pavement. Someone threw a rock at his head. His head was throbbing as he lifted his head to look at the aggressor and met eyes with Harper Smith. She was glaring daggers at him.

"You've got some nerve to come back to town, Y/n." She sneered. Y/n blinked sluggishly as he took in the girl's appearance. He remembered her, Harper. She had been one of Lucia's closest friends.

And also one of the few people who blamed him for his sister's death, apart from his father. Y/n tried to form a sentence, but it didn't work, He just stared at her. "Are you just going to keep ogling at me!?" Harper snapped, "You just hit me with a rock." Y/n said blankly. Harper's face flushed with rage and she stomped up to him

"How dare you set foot in this town after what you did?" Harper glowered. Even though Y/n's mind was hazy from the blow to his skull, he knew exactly what she was referring to Nevertheless, he blinked lazily "Are you just going to bypass the fact that you just threw a rock at my skull?" He countered angrily "You knew it was dangerous to go inside that house, and still you let Lucia go in!" Harper hissed and ignored his comment.

Y/n glared at the girl. "You're acting as if I chose for it to happen." He rolled his eyes, avoiding the shadow of guilt slowly building up "Believe me when I say, do you honestly think I would let my older sister go in there if I knew it would happen?"

Harper smirked bitterly "Who knows, maybe you did." Y/n stiffened his glare. "Only you would be able to hold a grudge this absurd and irrational." He clicked his teeth. "Why you-!" Harper lifted her foot to lunge it at the boy's face.