If i shatter this hope

ACT I FINAL.

Even the darkest of days will end and the sun will rise.

Avery's hands trembled and her pulse raced with terror. She blinked several times to verify what she was seeing, but no matter how hard she tried, the terrifying sight would not go away.

'No, no, no,'

Avery quickly slammed the lid back and threw the package off the bed, It landed on the ground with a thud, clattering onto the tiles. Her hands combed through her hair. 'This can't be happening' The blonde let out a shaky breath, the hands that was combing strands of her hair tightened and she started pulling on her roots. 'Fuck!' Her eyes started tearing up, she knew exactly who that package was from. And it didn't comfort her in the slightest.

Her gaze shifted to the package laying on the ground. She let out a shuddering exhale and threw off her bedcovers. She marched up to the box, grabbed it up, and approached the nearby window. The girl undid the latch and flung it open before throwing the package away.

She didn't want to deal with them anymore; she didn't want to get involved anymore.

Avery sank down onto the ground and let her head rest in her palm. 'I'm so tired,' The girl began lightly sobbing into her hands. 'I can't take this much longer.' Avery lifted her head and solemnly looked in front of her as a morbid thought blossomed in her mind.

.

.

Timeskip

.

.

Y/n was lying in his bed, it was late at night, but he still couldn't get a wink of sleep. He kept tossing and turning. His mind was swarming with different thoughts, the one that was dominant was the odd reaction he had received from Ezra and Elio. The h/c haired couldn't grasp the reasoning behind it.

The boy turned to his side to look at the childhood photo he had put up over his desk, it was dark, which meant he couldn't see the photo very well, but he could still see the outline of six young kids. The longer he stared at the photo the more the thought he had previously seemed to become more logical.

'Do they...like me?'

.

Y/n slowly opened his eyelids. 'Huh? did I actually fall asleep?' His eyes shifted toward the clock near his bed "Shit!" The boy shot upright out of bed. He had overslept. He began hurriedly putting on his uniform, he suspected his mom hadn't woken him up because she had an early shift and expected the teenager to wake up by himself.

Y/n sped down the street with his bag in his hand. 'If I start walking now, I can make it in time for lunch,' he concluded, The boy put on his shoes and opened the front porch, mentally preparing him for the walk he had in front of him.

The h/c haired boy arrived at his school and speedily made it to the cafeteria, the lunch break had just begun, which meant he hadn't missed that much.

Y/n walked into the cafeteria, walked to the table where Clark and Kiara were sitting, and plopped himself down. "So, where are you coming from?" Clark asked. Y/n grunted, "I overslept.." He trailed off. The brunette shrugged. "That's tough luck." He replied. Y/n propped his head up by his elbows and let out a yawn, turns out he hadn't slept as well as he thought.

"Hey, guys?" Y/n regarded the duo "Yes?" Kiara replied with a mouthful of food. "I'm going to the hospital after school, to visit Avery Emmons, to offer my condolences, and to see if I can ask a few questions about the night she vanished. Can you guys come along?" Kiara and Clark stayed silent. "Um..." Kiara began, her brunette friend interrupted, "Sure." he replied. The black haired girl shot him a scowl, but Clark ignored her stare. Y/n nodded. "Thanks, guys."