𝘌𝘗𝘐𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘜𝘌.

ೃ࿐

ೃ࿐

╰┈➤ 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦.

. ⋆·˚ ༘ * ⋆·˚ ༘ *

11 MONTHS LATER.

"...happy birthday to you!"

the crowd chanted raucously, that of which was filled with bakugou's classmates and close family members.

it had been almost a year since you'd left.

almost a year since his eyes were last graced with your presence in the flesh.

and today was bakugou's eighteenth birthday. though he'd made it clear that the best birthday gift he could receive on this day was to be left the hell alone, it was common knowledge that his peers wouldn't be able to grant his wish.

so here he finds himself, face tainted with a deep scowl, scarlet eyes narrowed into fine slits amidst a somewhat crowded restaurant decorated rather obnoxiously, being sung a song he hadn't realized he hated so much until now.

he waited with the little patience he had left as his sharp teeth bit into the flesh of his tongue as to hold back a spring of complaints and insults itching to be let loose.

he had to distract himself until this torture ended.

how? with you.

you had texted him this morning right as the clock struck twelve to wish him a happy birthday.

unbeknownst to you, he had stayed up way past his bedtime waiting for that text alone, though not for the meaningless content of your message. bakugou could care less about this day where his age jumped forward by a digit.