17. Mrs. Lovesick

Third-Person Point of View:

As Arnav promised, he dropped Khushi at college and even warned her to wait for him in the evening. On the way, Khushi tried to reason with him in many ways but nothing worked on Arnav. Today for the first time in their nearly two months of marriage Khushi saw Arnav's stubbornness.

She never imagined Arnav to be stubborn. Since day one she has seen him as a calm, mature, and sensible person. Sometimes she felt he had anger issues as she caught him yelling on call but judging his behavior, she utterly believed that the opposite person was at fault.

Khushi can't even imagine, her Arnavji's face containing an angry expression. He was always smiling at her evolving unknown feelings in her.

She can't help as a smile breaks on her face with the thoughts of Arnav.

"Back to earth, Mrs Lovesick" She jerked, hearing the way she addressed, "Lost in your husband's thoughts" Jhanvi continued with a dreamy look on her face.

"Wh...What are you talking about? I was... I was revising our classes" She stammered not meeting her eyes.

Jhanvi chuckled. "In the air, forget about it and
Khushi, tell me about your husband. What is his name?" Jhanvi asked.

"Arnav"

"Where did you meet him?
And, when did you get married?
I want to know everything about your love story" Jhavni asked with excitement.

Jhanvi failed to notice colors drained out of Khushi's face hearing her questions. Khushi doesn't have answers for her.

How can she say that she met her husband for the first time on her wedding night and their marriage was forced for both of them and on top of it she was his replaced bride?

And, Love?

She doesn't know its definition. It never crossed her mind. Her life was a survival game and her thoughts are not privileged to think about Love. She knew for sure she had immense respect and admiration for her husband but Love?

She never thought of it.

And, What about her husband?

What does he think about her?

Does he respect her?

How to know her husband's opinion of her?....... She couldn't help but wonder.

"Mrs. Lovesick, you lost for the entire lunch hour,
congrats we have to retire to class" Jhanvi signed in disbelief.

She wanted to listen to a cute love story but all she got to see was her friend's face lost in her husband's thoughts.

"I want to listen to everything tomorrow," Jhanvi warned on their way back.

Khushi glanced at her. She didn't want to share her marriage circumstances with Jhanvi on the second day itself. She wants to tell her after she earns her full trust.

"Jhanvi, not tomorrow but one day for sure," Her face held no emotion. Jhanvi nodded lost in her thoughts, deciding to keep the topic aside even though it held her immense curiosity.

"Ok, as per your wish Mrs Lovesick," Jhanvi chuckled.

"Hey, don't call me that" She frowned.

"I will," said as she strode to the classroom leaving behind an irritated Khushi, who just received her first nickname from her first friend.

**********************************************************************************************

"How was your day?" Arnav asked as she settled in the passenger seat.