12.Fate

Dt:25/03/2020

A frown appeared on her face as she missed the warmth of her husband. She opened her eyes and looked around to find her husband and there she found him seated on the recliner with a laptop in his lap and working like his life depended on it but what her eyes concentrated on was his features. His brown eyes which were looking at his laptop, his stubble, his cheeks she got the urge to pull his cheeks, she noted that she will do it in the near future. She was feeling something for this man who changed her life upside down in just one month. The dream on which she lost her hopes is going to be true just because of him and at this moment she knew she liked him.

He felt her gaze on him, averting his eyes from his laptop. He found that khushi was gazing at him with a lost expression. He got any idea and in a few moments a playful smirk formed on his face.

"Enjoying what you're gazing at Khushi?" asked Arnav standing in front of her.

A shocked expression formed on her face seeing him close as she failed to notice his moves "What? I am not gazing at anything" replied khushi ready to escape from his gaze as if it was causing a burning sensation.

"Ok, wait," said arnav before she escapes into the washroom.

"What?" she asked, still facing her back to him.

"Come here khushi," said arnav.

She walked to him still not meeting his gaze. He walked into the closet and came with a bag.

"What is it?" asked khushi.

"Your gifts," said arnav. She took the bag with excitement and unwrapped the first box from the bag. It was a mobile phone.

"I totally forgot to give you a phone, yesterday I was searching for your contact in my phone then I realised that you don't have a phone," said Arnav with a sheepish grin.

"Thank you," she said with a smile.

She has opened another box. It was a saree but what captured her attention was the design of the saree. She looked at arnav for an answer.

"It is your design only khushi. I like it so much so I ordered it for you" said arnav.

"But how? I think it is not available in any store or online" asked khushi.

"Peaks of working in fashion house khushi. We can prepare our own clothes of our own design" said Arnav with a grin.

"Thank you arnavji," said khushi.

"Get ready we have to go to the temple and then breakfast in any nearby diner, " said Arnav, khushi nodded in agreement.

He was waiting for her seating in the living room while checking his mails. he averted his gaze from mobile hearing the steps sound and he felt like his heart skipped its beat seeing her in saree. Her hazel eyes were gazing at him with adoration and he lost in her eyes and his legs moved towards her without his knowledge. She looked down, unable to gaze in his eyes any more.

"You are beautiful khushi," said Arnav and kissed her cheeks which turned red instantly.

He smiled at her "Once again happy birthday khushi" he whispered in her ears.

"Thank you arnavji" she whispered shyly.

"Let's go, " he forwarded his hand. She placed her hand in his but suddenly something struck her.

"What happened?" asked Arnav, observing the change.

"You don't believe in God so why are you coming to the temple?" asked khushi.