1-10

return

Chapter 1 Betrayal (1/2) Apocalyptic Supermarket System and Its Wrong Host

front page

Book Home PageTable of contentsNext pageinto the bookshelf

In the underground laboratory of the Happy Base, a tied-up girl woke up from the experimental bed.

Feeling a sense of restraint in her body, the girl moved, but found that she couldn't move.

At this moment, a man with unkempt hair and glasses walked over from the side.

"woke up?"

Looking at the girl's shaking body, the man reminded: "Don't waste your efforts, you can't move. In order to prevent superpowers like you from escaping, I specially developed a potion that can inhibit the use of superpowers. Although It was only a short day, but it was enough for me.

Only when the man finished speaking did the girl see the face of the visitor clearly. Looking at the man's face, the girl had an angry expression on her face.

"Don't you want to show this expression? We are old acquaintances. Why do you feel bitter and resentful when we meet?"

"Bah, who is an old acquaintance of yours? You are a scum of humanity, a scumbag."

"Scum? Scum? Deputy Base Chief An, how can you say that about me? Everything I do is for social progress?"

"What society needs for progress is people who do experiments honestly, not pseudo-scientists like you who do experiments on living people."

Although he was ridiculed by the girl, the man didn't care. Instead, he said in a tone that the whole world didn't understand him: "Success always requires some sacrifice. But their sacrifices were not in vain. My research was finally successful.

"frenzied."

The man ignored the girl's rude words towards him, but happily shared his research results with the girl.

"Did you know? I have been researching this project for five years, five full years. Now it is finally successful. How many humans can its success benefit?"

"I think you must particularly want to know what this research is, right? Don't worry, you will be able to witness its success in person soon..."

Just as the man's expression became more and more crazy as he talked, a woman in a white coat walked over to the man pushing a cart full of equipment.

"Professor Xiang, everything has been arranged for the operation. When are you going to start?"

"Now."

"Okay, Professor Xiang."

The woman picked up a syringe from the cart and plunged it into the girl's arm. Soon the girl fell into coma again.

When the girl woke up again, she felt like she had a splitting headache. The girl covered her painful head and moaned.

"An Chuxia, you wake up."

Hearing a familiar voice, An Chuxia held back the pain and looked towards the sound.

She saw a scene that shocked her so much that she couldn't believe it. Her boyfriend, Fu Ze, the base director of the Happy Base, was hugging her best friend Xia Wanting intimately, looking happy and talking to Professor Xiang Zihao. What was she saying?

"Why am I here?"

"Of course I sent you here."

An Chuxia began to recall what happened before she fainted for the first time.