Puzzle

What was Regulus hiding? He always told him everything. "You'll hate me," Regulus replied brokenly. He tried to take hishands back, but James held firmly. "I could never hate you in a million years,Reggie," James reassured. "I-I, I'm so, so sorry, Jamie. They forced me."Regulus sobbed. James' eyes widened. He let go of his hands quickly, as if hewas burnt. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Regulus repeated like a mantra. James wasfrozen in shock. 

OR

Regulus gets the Dark Mark and James, being the amazing man that he is, still loves him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James' feet padded up the Astronomy Tower. His heart felt like bursting with joy and his body was tingling all over. It was rare for Regulus to initiate a secret meeting at the Astronomy Tower. Maybe he was missing James. Or maybe he just wanted to talk and cuddle and look up at the stars. Either way, James was grateful for an excuse to meet his lover. He grinned broadly when he spotted a familiar silhouette of his favourite person. (Sorry, Sirius.) Regulus had sat on the edge, swinging his legs slightly. "Hey," James whispered as he took a seat next to the pale boy. "Hi, James," Regulus replied without looking at him.

James frowned. Something was wrong. He gently took Regulus' hands with his own and put them in his lap. "What happened, mera jaan (my life) ? Kya hua (What happened) ? Tell me," James spoke sweetly. Regulus' eyes welled up with tears. "No, I can't." Regulus said in a feeble voice. "Why?" James furrowed his eyebrows. What was Regulus hiding? He always told him everything. "You'll hate me," Regulus replied brokenly. He tried to take his hands back, but James held firmly. "I could never hate you in a million years, Reggie," James reassured. "I-I, I'm so, so sorry, Jamie. They forced me." Regulus sobbed. James' eyes widened. He let go of his hands quickly, as if he was burnt. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Regulus repeated like a mantra. James was frozen in shock. Regulus wiped his tears with the back of his hand and stood up. "I know you hate me now. I-I'll just go," Regulus mumbled. James came back to life. Regulus proceeded to leave when James caught his wrist and tugged him close.

"Wait!" he said.

"Don't go,"

"Why?" Regulus asked. "I don't hate you, my love. I was just shocked." James spoke softly. "What?" Regulus' jaw dropped. "How could you not? I got the mark! You're obviously lying. Of course, you would hate me! Who wouldn't?" Regulus rambled, gesturing wildly. "I can assure you; I still love you just the same. You were forced, Regulus. You had no choice." James' eyes softened. "Why?" he asked again. "Why what?" James questioned. "Why do you love me? Can't you see I'm so broken? I'm unfixable! You deserved someone better, Jamie. I'm not worth it!" Regulus burst out.

"You're not broken. You're just somebody who has had a very hard life and had been forced to make the wrong decisions. You don't need fixing, you're perfect just the way you are. You're worth so much more than you think, Regulus, and it pains me to know that you don't see that. I'd give you the Sun if you asked me to, Reg," James cupped Regulus' face. "But you can't do that," Regulus whispered. "Why not?" James asked. "Because you are the Sun. You can't give me yourself," Regulus smiled gently. "You already have all of me, love," James said softly. Regulus teared up. "Please don't cry. It hurts," James wiped his tears with his thumb. "I just love you so much," Regulus confessed. "I love you so much too. I'll love you forever and ever," James replied. "Even if I have the Dark Mark?" Regulus spoke in a small voice. "Yes," James breathed.

"Even if—"

"Even then."

James pulled Regulus into a kiss. It was soft, sweet and most importantly, just right. That was all Regulus ever wanted. For his life to be just right. And now that James was here, it became alright. More than alright. Like the sea meeting the shore. Like a puzzle finally coming together.

***********

In every universe, James and Regulus meet, in a different body or the same one. Whether they met in a bad situation or a good one, whether they despised each other or they fell in love at the first sight, whether they met from a young age or many years later when they're all grown up, James and Regulus fell in love. In every single one. It was inevitable. Their love was passed on for generations. And no one, not a single soul, could ruin it. The universe was a funny little thing. Always messing with you. But, in the end, it all would come back together to that final moment where you know why you're there. Just like a puzzle. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is by me. It's quite short but I thought you needed some fluff after the angsty oneshot you just read :)