Episode 02: Disappearance

Season 01: Unexpected yet Horrifying discovery

Unknown person 1: Please.......   protect her......
Unknown person 2: You're.... our only.. hope...
???: ██▒—
Unknown person 1: I'm begging you...... please...
???: ▒—█▒█—██–▒
...
........
...........

"The universe is a dark forest. Every civilization is an armed hunter stalking through the trees like a ghost, gently pushing aside branches that block the path and trying to tread without sound. Even breathing is done with care. The hunter has to be careful, because everywhere in the forest are stealthy hunters like him. If he finds another life—another hunter, angel, or a demon, a delicate infant to tottering old man, a fairy or demigod—there’s only one thing he can do: open fire and eliminate them."
— Liu Cixin
...
.....
........
..........
.......
.....
...
Victus: Captain! Do you copy!?
Azalia: I copy that Sergeant, what's the situation?
Victus: We're under heavy attack. Hostiles are approaching from all directions!
Azalia: Just hold on! The reinforcements are right there. You'll be just fine I tell you. You can't let your daughter down afterall. You've already made it this far, Sergeant, you ca-
Starllete: Lia.. He's gone..
Azalia: I see.. I guess we are their next target...
Starlette: Wait.. you don't seem to be upset.
Azalia: Really? Well.. If you didn't know.. I was never an emotional person to begin with... (Damn what am I saying? I guess this is what happens when one is in despair huh...)
Starllete: This is not like you Lia, c'mon we got to retaliate! They must pay for our comrades' death!
Azalia: But they took Victus and Denise out so easily...
Starllete: Lia! We can't give up just yet. Don't we have your Barricade of Spring? It is not over just yet!
Azalia: Yeah you're right Starlie... It's been a long time since I last fou-
Unknown Source: ─██▒▒█—██-███████ ███-█▒▒██─██▒▒—▒▒▒█
Azalia and Starlette: What was that!?
Starllete: Wait! Let me try to interpret it.
...
Starllete: Ugh.. I can't get anything. This must be their language.
Azalia: Wait! What about that set of codes?
01110011 11000011 10111101 01101101 01100110 01101111 01101110 01101111
Starllete: s-ý-m-f-o-n-o... What is this..
Azalia: Could this be what they call themselves?
* Explosion *
Co-pilot: We're hit!
Azalia: All units, Return fire!

Meanwhile on planet Xavier... Apateonas, after receiving Starllete's reports, made preparations to send reinforcements.

Apateonas: We must rescue Azalia's expedition team at all costs! Send every available and reserved military personnel we have!
Penelop: Everyone?
Apateonas: EVERYONE!
Achilles: Aha! About damn time we're getting into some action!
Congelatio: Let's bring those alien bastards to their knees!
Schwere: Let's see which one of us can get the most kills!
Achilles: That's right! I'll definitely top y'all!
Congelatio: We'll see about that!
Fulgur: Could you guys please lower your voices?

These were the four members of the Elite squad- Achilles Leichtenberg, Congelatio Chronis, Schwere Handschuh and Fulgur Kataigida. They were equipped with special battlesuits which could manipulate different kinds of supernatural powers. Achilles' battlesuit possessed the power of fire, Congelatio's battlesuit possessed the power of Ice, Schwere's battlesuit possessed the power of Gravitation and Fulgur's battlesuit possessed the power of thunder and lightning. Apateonas came up with a plan to rescue Azalia's crew.

Apateonas: Achilles, you're the strongest among us so you'll head there straight on with the fastest ship, Fulgur's Micare. Fulgur will use his powers to keep up with you. After receiving Achilles' call, you'll provide a surprise attack. Right Behind you two will be Congelatio's team and finally Schwere should arrive there with her team and she'll use her Gravitational powers to gather them up and that should finish them. If they get reinforcements, Achilles will fight them head on while the rest of the team help Azalia's crew escape. At last, after everyone has escaped safely, Congelatio will use his signature move to freeze all the alien ship engines and he'll escape with Achilles on Fulgur's Micare. Any questions?
Congelatio: Yes. What if their ships are immune to freezing?
Apateonas: In that case Achilles will use his signature move instead.
Congelatio: Sounds good to me.
Achilles: Ha! I have no weaknesses!
Apateonas: Any more questions?
Everyone: No sir!
Apateonas: Good. Everyone, move out!

Expecting to have a decisive victory, everyone was in full spirit... However, an unexpected finding confused every single one of them...

Fulgur: It's been too long... Why is Achilles not sending a call. Wait... I can't track him.. Could it be...

Fulgur charged at full speed worried that they might have underestimated the alien forces..

Fulgur: I can't contact him.. What's going on? Please be alright Achilles, Azalia, Starllete... I guess it is better if I inform the general.
...
Apateonas: Fulgur, I order you to fall back.
Fulgur: But it might get too la-
Apateonas: This is an order!
Fulgur: ...Yes sir.
Apateonas: Everyone will regroup with Congelatio's team and charge forward together. It is my fault.. I was too careless..

After regrouping, the entire Xavier space military headed to the location that Starllete had mentioned but...

Apateonas: !?
Penelop: Are you sure this is the right location?
Apateonas: I'm sure.. There is no doubt about it..
Penelop: But there's nothing here...
Schwere: Even the galaxies Starllete mentioned are not here...
Congelatio: What in the world...?

On that day... The mysteries of space had become more confusing than ever. Alien galaxies,  the 827th UZSA expedition team and Achilles supposedly disappeared.

ㅤ                             To be continued