{Chapter 10} Panic at ten

A tired yawn was heard from a peach haired boy. He hadn't had a nightmare for the past two nights. Strange. But he enjoyed it while it lasted. "Jake! You got a letter in the mail!"

Milo could be heard from miles away. Jake just groaned before forcing himself out of bed. He walked down the stairs to see his mom and little brother at the dinning table looking through letters. "Morning sweetie, you have a letter right there." His mother pointed before continuing to go through tax letters.

"Okay, I'll read it up in my room." Jake sighed picking it up.

Milo started to raise his eye brows. "What? You don't want us to see what your girlfriend wrote you?"

"No, it's just I'm tired and you're annoying. Plus it could be from a guy too..." Jake rolled his eyes as his voice trailed off. He noticed his name on it was written in neat cursive.

"Never mind, I'll come down in a bit mom." Jake said before heading up to his room.

—————————————————————

He got ready in the bathroom, it was a relaxing Sunday and he was happy that his mom and Milo were here. Oreo was in his room when he got back, the dog laid on his bed wagging his tail.

"Hi bud." Jake smiled sitting down next to him and cuddling with his dog.

Jake then checked his phone, 10 am. Okay cool, he thought sitting up. The boy then looked over on his dresser and saw the note, he had forgotten about it but now decided to read it.

Upon opening the letter it was folded up, and appeared to have things tucked inside, "Weird." He mumbled before opening the note.

The note released all of its contents, pictures of him with his friends over the past month. There were at most five, one of them being through Luke's window.

Jake began to feel a tight swell in his chest when he noticed all the faces except his were scribbled on and crossed out.

His eyes moved to the note reading it he saw so much personal information included. His date of birth, address, phone number, full name, parents, sibling, age, and a lot more.

This caused a full blown panic attack, he finally screamed a loud ear piecing one before breaking down into a shaking mess.

—————————————————————

His mother and brother rushed to his room and saw Oreo cuddled up licking his face while he aggressively shook and yelled. "Honey?" His mother tried approaching.

Jake looked up at her, his eyes dilating. Milo came closer as well. The family stayed together the rest of the day trying to figure out what was going on with him.

After a few hours he calmed down. Milo ended up sleeping in his room that night to look after his older brother.

But they didn't know what exactly happened, Jake wasn't spooked because of the information. Or even the pictures. What really frightened him or more so made him down right angry. Was the last line.

'Until next time, Pudding'

[Again so sorry for the late chapters and how short they've been- especially Ch 11. But I promise chapter 12 will be way longer]