{Chapter 26} Worry worry worry

"Jake! Hailey! Snap out of it!" Milly said shaking the couple. They were by the lockers, both had deep bags and puffy red eyes. Unkept hair apparent on both.

"You two can't just rot away, like we're sad, scared, and worried too. But acting like this won't get you anywhere." Zander said. They glanced at each other and sighed. Jake was the first to speak,

"Kay, I have first period. I'll see you all later." Jake said giving Hailey a peck on the lips before walking off.

"That was probably the most dull kiss he has given you." Milly said, she just shrugged and started off to class. Zander and Luke followed close behind.

>><<

It was now free period, they all were of course in the music room. Jake and Hailey made some effort to show some life in their faces. It put everyone at ease. "So we going to the formal on Saturday?"

Everyone turned their heads, it was Luke who spoke. "Yeah. I signed up to be the DJ."

Sean smiled. Milly then spoke, "Well Elliot asked me at the Festival. I'm going, what about you four?"

"Yeah definitely." Zander smiled snuggling into his lover.

"Do you want to go?" Jake asked in a hushed tone. Hailey hesitated before speaking softly,

"Yes. But I'm worried, and I sort of don't want to go but I don't want the others to feel bad."

"Okay, we'll go together and just not stay long." He said lying his head onto her lap. She smiled softly and rested her hand in his hair gently.

"What about you two?" Milly asked referring to the two.

"You guys better not bail out on us, Daisy would want you to go and have fun." Luke sighed.

"Yeah we will go." Hailey said still looking down at Jake who had a content face.

>><<

Hailey was walking home with Jake. It was a gloomy May Day. And they were walking side by side holding hands. Neither spoke a word, it remained that way until they made it to his house. "Okay just so you know, my mom knows about her."

He said, Hailey nodded and he opened the door. They were instantly met with his mother, she had an empathetic look on her face. "Oh hello Hailey, hi son."

"Hi mom." He smiled as she hugged to two.

"They're working on finding Daisy. They think someone took her and is more than likely still in town." She said gently smiling.

"Okay, we're going up to my room. Love you." He said pulling Hailey away. They walked in and laid on his bed. Just being in each other's company made everything a little bit easier for them.

"We should try and be happy. Daisy would frown if she knew what we were acting like." Jake said sitting up.

Hailey let out a heavy sigh, "Yeah I guess- hey!"

Jake had pulled the girl on his lap, she was surprised by the sudden action but quickly adjusted comfortably. He gently hooked her chin and connected their lips. It was sweet and long, taking small breaths in between.

"I think we needed this." She said gently in the middle of it. He hummed in agreement. They spent the rest of the evening just with each other talking and forgetting about the world temporarily.

Hey! Thank you for reading this. I'm almost down with the other chapter and it should be out by today or tomorrow. Wow I'm really bứng writing this book. Anyways bye for now!