{Chapter 30} Thirty Feelings and Emotions

"You going to the formal son?"

Jake looked up and saw his mother, he smiled at her. "Yes mom, I'm going to pick up Hailey in an hour."

"What time does the event start?" She asked sitting next to him.

"18 pm. I got her roses." He sheepishly mumbled.

His mom just playfully laughed, "Who taught my baby to be a gentleman?"

"Mom!" He whined folding his arms. She sighed happily,

"Sorry, but you'll need to get ready soon. It's already 15:30."

"Okay. By the way I don't know when I'll be home. I may stay over at Hailey's." Jake said standing up. His mom followed suit,

"Alright dear, just don't do anything. Uhm. You know."

He turned a bright shade of red, "We're in high school mom! Not going to do that."

"Okay, I was just reminding you! No need to get all defensive." She smiled walking out.

>><<

"Is Jake getting here early?" Zander asked walking into his sister's room. She nodded,

"About an hour and a half, he's going to take me to go grab boba."

"Of course he is, anyways Luke's picking me up at 17:45. What are you wearing?" He asked leaning against the doorway.

"Oh nothing much, but this coral dress that Jake and I picked out." She blushed turning away.

This only caused a smirk to form on his lips, "Well coral does bring out your hair color. I have the most beautiful sister in the world after all."

"Thank you Zan, now shoo Jake will be here at 17:20. I got to change and do my makeup in an hour." She said.

He just chuckled and walked off.

>><<

"Jake hurry up! It's already 16:42!" His mom yelled, he came stumbling out in his formal attire.

"Sorry mom. I'll be heading!"

"Oh you're so clumsy and irresponsible. Now hurry along." She sighed ushering him out the door.

"Okay, bye mom. Love you!" He called getting into the car.

"Love you sweetie!"

>><<

"Hailey? It's already 17:04, shouldn't you be leaving?" Shannon asked coming into the room.

Hailey turned, "Oh yeah, I don't think Jake's here yet. And I'm not quite done getting ready."

"Oh my, you look beautiful dear." She smiled hugging her.

"Thank you mum." Shannon helped her finish up her make up and just as they were done the doorbell rang.

"Oh that must be Jake." She smiled, her mum just nodded.

"Let's go then."

They walked out and saw Zander and Jake talking. Jake looked a little anxious, he was also speaking in a hushed tone. Hailey found it weird but the feeling faded when he spotted her. "Hi Hails."

"Hi honey." She smiled going up to him and giving him a hug.

"You look so pretty." He said getting a look and she just giggled.

"Aw thank you, and I would like to add you look lovely your self."

"Of course I do, but you only get the hair tonight." He said sarcastically. She laughed knowing fair and well he didn't like how it looked when all cleaned up.