{Chapter 20}

It was a peaceful Wednesday evening. Hailey and Jake were walking home with her stepbrother and his boyfriend. They all were happily chatting and talking about various things.

"So Charlotte came up to me today, she wants to watch us tomorrow." Luke mumbled.

Jake frowned and Hailey just took his hand lightly squeezing it, she gave a reassuring smile. "Milly and Sean seamed okay with it." Zander added not knowing how to react.

"Kay." Jake muttered, he still had a frown on his face. Hailey sighed,

"It's going to be okay hun, but do you want to come over to ours for a while?"

"Yeah let me just call my mom." Jake pulled out his phone and began dialing a number before speaking. Luke and Zander exchanged glances. "She said it's fine as long as I'm back before 19."

>><<

"So what do you boys want to do?" Hailey asked setting her bags down.

Luke shrugged, "Dunno, but my parents said I could stay the night." Zander smiled and leaned onto him.

Just then Shannon and Micheal walked into the room, "Oh welcome home kids, hello Luke, hello Jake." She smiled pulling them all into a hug.

"Hi Ms. Wickham and Mr. Austin." Jake smiled at them, Micheal just grinned.

"I like this kid, he should come over more often." Jake sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Dad!" Hailey said embarrassed, Jake laughed light heartedly.

"No it's okay Hails." He then pulled her into a small hug. Zander rolled his eyes scoffing.

"Come on Jake. I wanna talk with you and Luke real quick." He pulled his and Luke's hand taking them to his room.

Hailey narrowed her eyes suspiciously before turning back to her parents. Shannon was smirking, "Hailey, no need to be upset about Zander taking your boyfriend."

"I'm not upset." She said crossing her arms, Micheal's face broke into a smile.

"Oh so you two are dating? How long?"

Hailey sighed, "Since Saturday, but stop embarrassing me dad!"

>><<

Soon they all were just hanging out and talking, Hailey was playing with Jake's hair and Luke and Zander were cuddling. "So the festival is on Sunday right?"

Luke asked as their club president nodded, "Yeah, we're preforming 3 out of the 24 songs. There's a few other bands coming to preform too. I think we're the closing group though."

"Cool, do y'all want to meet up beforehand so we can rehearse ahead of time too on Sunday?" Zander asked sitting up.

Hailey thought for a second before agreeing, "That's a good idea Zander, Jake can you meet?"

"Oh uh sure hun." He smiled at her before going back on his phone.

Again I'm sorry about how short this is, I just don't have motivation to write Jailey stuff. As personally I only ship them platonically. 😅
Anyways signing off- Minty