{Chapter 25} A missing Daisy

"What's going on?" Hailey asked, she, Luke, and Zander had just arrived to school. Everyone was whispering and gossiping. A particular person looked worried, Sadie. Her face for once showed a different expression.

As they made their way through the crowds they came near the music room. Jake was there in front of the door sobbing. Next to him, Milly. She was rubbing his back speaking words of reassurance. Sean was there texting someone with shaky hands. "Jake?!" The trio yelled concerned and rushing over to him.

"Baby?! What's wrong? Who hurt you?" Hailey asked cupping his cheeks in her hands. Her face just made him sob louder.

"Daisy's missing! She didn't come home last night apparently and no one has seen her!" Milly said in a panicked tone.

Hailey instantly felt numb, her breath became shaky. Now she knew how Jake had felt, except she reacted differently. Luke and Zander looked shocked. Her head suddenly felt light, the last thing she remembered was Jake's wet face yelling her name.

>><<

"Mmm. Hmmm. Hu." Hailey sat up, her vision was slightly blurry. Once it focused the first thing she saw was that she was in the nurses office. Then she noticed a blond haired boy sitting in a chair. His eyes were puffy but closed. He was asleep.

"Jake?"

He instantly snapped awake and hugged her, "Oh thank goodness you're okay!"

"What happened?" She mumbled.

"When you found out about Daisy you passed out, I honestly thought my reaction was the worst." He sadly smiled.

"Where's the others?"

>><<

"Her mom's are worried sick." Sean said, it was lunch and they all were sitting together. Hailey was leaning on Jake, she still felt numb but not dizzy. Numb enough to not feel the little pecks he was giving her forehead.

"I can only imagine. I mean Daisy? Of all people, no one has anything against her. And she isn't the type to run away." Milly said poking at her food. They all were slowly eating except Jake and Hailey. Both were too upset to even do anything.

"Eat you two." Zander sternly said. They looked up, both with miserable faces.

"Jake you're not going back into that spiral where you didn't eat that week before the competition. And Hailey we won't let you develop that habit."

They all turned surprised to Milly. She looked at all the shocked faces. "What?"

"How did you know? I thought no one knew." Jake said. She shrugged,

"Well no duh, that week we kicked you out I still cared about you. So I would watch you at lunch. I saw how you didn't even go to the lunch line and instead go straight to a corner."

"Oh. Okay." He said poking at his food. There was an awkward silence the rest of lunch. Rehearsals today didn't even happen. Everyone was worried and mentally drained.

Wow two chapters in one day?! I was just bored today after school so I decided to work on this. And yes very short chapters will be like this until 30. And I may be taking just a little break from creating a new book just so I don't struggle as much later. Also hope u liked my new approach on naming chapters for the end of this book.