Despair

The thump of Luna's heart reverberated in her ears, drowning out all other sounds as she struggled to comprehend the horror before her. Andrew's chest had been torn open, his lifeblood staining the walls of her kitchen in a grotesque display of violence. His body lay motionless, frozen in a twisted contortion of agony, his face a mask of eternal torment.

As Luna's eyes fixated on the grotesque sight before her, her mind recoiled in horror at the writhing form of the pale beige worm within Andrew's chest cavity. Its movements were sickeningly unnatural, sending a shiver down Luna's spine as she felt its gaze upon her.

With a barely audible, off-key screech, the worm abruptly dashed out from Andre's chest, its movements unnervingly swift as it glided across the floor with alarming speed. Luna's heart pounded in her chest as she watched in terror, the creature's intentions unclear but undeniably sinister.
The distant sound of shouting reached Luna's ears, but the words were too fast and muddled to comprehend. In the blink of an eye, the worm was airborne, hurtling toward Luna with terrifying velocity.

Driven by pure instinct and the primal urge to survive, Luna threw herself to the floor, narrowly avoiding the creature's path as it sailed past her face. The revulsion and fear that consumed her were overwhelming, slowly she turned around, realizing that the worm had shot through the open window. Luna breathed a sob, she was terrified.

The whole world seemed to be in slow motion for her. Thousands of questions were spamming get shocked brain. She turned around, looking without actually seeing, she barely registered the shapes of Johnny holding a sobbing Camila. She could understand Camila was shouting something, but the sound didn't reached her ears.

Blinking slowly in an attempt to refocus her vision, Luna took a shuddering deep breath, her mind reeling with disbelief. It felt as though she had been thrust into a nightmare from which she couldn't awaken. This couldn't be real, she thought desperately. Things like this didn't happen in real life. That grotesque creature, whatever it was, couldn't possibly exist.

But as Luna's gaze fell to her own trembling hand, the pain in her forefinger serving as a cruel reminder, a wave of dread washed over her. The reality of the situation crashed down upon her with crushing force. This was real. This nightmare was her reality now, and she was trapped within its horrifying grasp.

"... Didn't you did something?" Camila shouting voice was slowing drowning the ring in Luna's ears. "It went your way!! Why didn't you killed it?" Camila was angry, being held by crying Johnny. He beautiful face was contorted by despair, her blonde hair was wet by the blood in it. Camila turned inside Johnny embrace, hiding her bloody face in the crock of his neck. She was screaming and crying. Her hands pulling on his shirt in agony.

"What was that?" Johnny questioned looking straight at her. Luna frowned, how could she know? She was as confused as they were. "What's going on?" The boy sobbed hugging Camila for support.

Luna's troath was dry, her body was shaking. Her muscles in pain. "I don't know." She whispered weakly. "I don't know."

She rummaged through her brain for anything that could remotely explain what she had just witnessed. Resting her back against her bed, she focused on her breathing. She was going to die. There's no way for her to survive whatever was happening. Luna barely registered tear's streaming down her face.

A new wave of coughs caught her attention. Camila was desperately holding a suffocating Johnny in her arms. "No no no!" She looked at Luna, " help him!! Do something!" She screamed, cradling the boy in her arms. Luna rushed to her side, "Oh God!" Camila sobbed as the cracking of bones echoed in the apartment. Standing by his side, Luna could see as his chest moved unnaturally, "Please, please do something!" Camila begged, her voice drowned by Johnny screams of pain. Blood was coming out of his mouth, his eyes were spasming side to side as his face contorted in pure agony.