-19-

During this math class the students finally received their grade for the recent exam. Billie tried to get Kats attention but she wouldn't acknowledge her even once. The bell rang and Billie spotted Kat by her locker. Excitedly she went over to tell her, after all she had to thank her for passing.

"Kat!" Billie called out, weaving through the crowd with a bright smile. As she approached, she noticed Kat was distant. "Guess what? I passed my math exam! All thanks to you,"

Kat barely looked up, her voice flat. "Cool, good for you."

Billie's smile faded a bit, taken aback by Kat's coldness. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" she asked.

"I'm fine. Just busy, you know?" Kat replied dryly, shutting her locker with a little more force than necessary. "I've got to go. Class." Without waiting for a response, she turned and walked away, leaving a confused and slightly hurt Billie behind.

Later that week, Billie attempted to reach out to Kat again:

It was hard to say no, hard to keep her distance from Billie but she had to do it, especially now that Billie was spending so much time with Noah

It was hard to say no, hard to keep her distance from Billie but she had to do it, especially now that Billie was spending so much time with Noah. She was sure that whatever she felt recently would go back to normal and she was just confused. After all the test did declare she was straight.

As days turned into weeks, the distance between Billie and Kat grew and it has gotten easier for Kat to redirect her focus.  That night, Kat and her friends decided to go clubbing. She was getting ready in her room, looking forward to some distraction. She sipped on her cranberry vodka while doing her eyeliner and vibing to some Bad Bunny in the background. Normani was going to pick her up in 15 minutes already to do a little pregaming at Quen's place. Quen was an old friend from Normani's childhood that Kat didn't actually know yet. When she heart a honk outside she rushed downstairs with her shoes and in her hand and her jacket thrown over her shoulder.

"Hi sorry, I'm here!" Kat said out of breath when she got in the car and hugged her friend.

"Hi girllll, no worries, you ready?" Normani asked.

"Hell yea, I wanna get fucked up"

"Easy girl" Normani laughed. "Trynna drink away your feelings won't work if thats what you wanna do,"

"What are you talking about?" Kat asked puzzled.

"Bitch you know what I am talking about"

"Aight fine, I might be looking for some distraction tonight,"

"Uhhh look at you Playboy Kat jaja,"

"What do you mean playboy? Who knows, maybe the love of my life will be there tonight, you never know."

"Yea, yea Kat keep dreaming"

They picked up Camila on the way and arrived at Quens place with a bottle of Vodka and some orange juice in their hands.