-21-

After the night Kat and Billie kissed, Kat made a secret pact with herself to keep her distance from Billie again. Once again running away from whatever happened while the guilt was eating her up from the inside.

Kat was still at Normani's place waiting out the hangover with a Pizza and some snacks.

"So, you really like this Ivan guy?" Normani asked skeptically the next morning.

"I don't know Mani, I mean he is super cute, and we have a lot in common,"

"Then what is the problem?"  Normani raised an eyebrow.

"There is none,"

"You sure?"

"Why would you assume there is a problem?"

"I don't know, he just seemed a bit pushy."

"Pushy?"

****Flashback*****

"Why can't you go home with me" Ivan asked with puppy eyes.

"She told you, she's going with me," Normani rolled her eyes.

"I mean, so was Camila, no? yet Lauren made her change her mind, why can't I?"

"Ivan I drank too much, I'd rather just go home with Mani right now."

"Come on Kat, I'll make sure you get home saf-"

"Quit bothering her, she said no" Billie snapped at him annoyed.

Ivan searched for Kats support in her eyes, but she just stayed silent.

"Our Uber is here," Normani interrupted as she grabbed Kat.

"I'll text you tomorrow," Kat reassured as they made their way to the car.

******

"I mean he was drunk as well so he probably wasn't himself."

"Ah, I mean you wanted distraction, and you got distraction, so goal accomplished, no?"

Kat smiled as guilt creeped up her face. "Not exactly,"

"Oh? Why not?"

"Promise me you won't judge me."

"Girl what did you do?" Normani asked concerned.

"Promise!"

"Ok fine! I promise, Now tell me!"

"I kissed Billie again," Kat said almost inaudible.

"WHAT?" Normani's eyes widened in shock.

"Mani, I feel horrible," Kat cried out loud.

"Honestly I am not even surprised it happened again."

"How are you not surprised."

"Girl there was so much sexual tension what do you mean what do I meannnn?"

"I literally haven't talked to her in a 2 weeks"

"Yea, because you felt bad about the sexual tension."

"I don't know how that even happened Mani, I was just too drunk to realize what I was doing"

"When was that even?"

"Right after I kissed Ivan, I went outside to smoke and Billie followed me and I don't know, a few minutes later she kissed me."

"She kissed you?"

"Yea, I mean she was the first one to lean in, but I kissed her back – god I am a horrible person Mani, and that is not even the worst thing."

"Not?" Normani asked surprised.

"Ivan saw us full on making out"

"Oh my god, he saw you?"

"Jup, Billie came up with a stupid lie saying that I was insecure about my kissing bc it was my first time and wanted to practice,"

"He bought it?" Normani chuckled.

"He at least I hope so and he agreed to not tell my brother."

"Stupid boys"

"I just hope he keeps his word."

"Girl you're in deep"

"I know," Kat cried out loud as she leaned into Normanis lap.

"Are you planning to tell him?"

"I can't Mani, it would break him and I think he might really like her"

"Well what's done is done you can't take back what happened"

"I just don't wanna hurt him Mani,"

"But imagine he finds out through someone else"

"Maybe we can just tell him the same thing we told Ivan," Kat pleaded hopefully.

"That won't work, you're brother is too smart"

"Well I don't know Mani, but it didn't mean anything so the best thing to do is just to leave it in the past, focus on Ivan and never talk about it again"

"If you can," Mani said not really believing Kat. "So how was it?"

"How was what?"

"The kiss"

"Well, Intense,"

"intense?"

"Yea, even more than the first time, like maybe it was the alcohol but I don't know"

"Girl I was asking about the kiss with Ivan, but interesting which kiss stuck with you the most"

"Oh- I mean the kiss with Ivan was nice, he is nice, but the kiss with Billie was just different?"

"Different in good?"

"A bit too good Mani"

"Kat, I think you have to talk to her,"

"Nah absolutely not, it didn't mean anything and it never will, so I will go back to ignoring her and focus on Ivan"

"I really can't figure Billie out, like what does she want?"

"Girl if I only knew. I will have to keep my distance from her, I think that's whats best for everyone."

"I mean Ivan is cute also in a way"

"Speaking of the devil, he just texted me"

"I guess we just agreed to go on a date tomorrow

"I guess we just agreed to go on a date tomorrow."

"Oh- you seem excited," Mani laughed.

"No, I actually am, its a good distraction."

"If you really didn't care about Billie, you wouldn't need distraction bro."

"I mean I'm just going through a weird phase right now, it'll pass I'm sure, I can choose the direction I wanna go in life"

"Mmmhhmmm, can't choose who you fall in love with though"

--------

Guysss im so happy bc I got tickets to all the shows I wanted. Now I'll forever be broke but at least I'll get to see her againnnnnn.
I hope u all get to see her !

Do y'all believe that you can choose who you fall in love with?