-27-

"Ekaterina are you alright?" her grandma asked concerned.

"yea, sorry I stormed out earlier, I just forgot Bilile and I had a presentation due for tomorrow and was super stressed out." Kat lied.

"Oh something like that shouldn't happen Kat," her mum warned her. "You should be better organised if you want to become a doctor.

"I know Mum, I am sorry. But can we please go to the library and work on it? I dont want it to affect my grade, Ms. Jackson is really strict."

"This is on you Kat, you're staying until after this dinner,"

Kat looked at Billie desperately, scared she'd get another panic attack if she didn't leave now.

"Mr. Benson, I know this family dinner is important to you and it is also to Kat, but you said earlier how you are all so proud of her because of how dedicated and hard working she is and sometimes you have to do scarifies to be the best. And you know that only the best can study medicine. I really admire her ambition, I am sure she has it from you," Billie charmed Kats mum.

"oh," Kats mother said charmed. "Well okay, but just this one time, make sure to take her back before we start the movie together."

"Yes Ma'am" Billie smiled as Noah flashed them a confused look.

They made their way outside chuckling once they were in the car.

"You're unbelievable Billie," Kat chuckled. "The way you wrapped my mum around your finger that easily."

"You're unbelievable," Billie laughed. "I didn't even know your full name was Ekaterina." 

"Urgh, don't remind me. I hate that name. Only my grandma calls me that."

"Well I think it's pretty. You have any Russian roots?"

"Yea, my Grandmas side. That's why she insisted on the name"

"As she should" Billie smiled as she started the car.

----

"Hi Finneas, this is Ekaterina," Billie introduced Kat, earning an annoyed look from Kat and a confused look from Finneas.

"Hi, I'm Kat, nice to meet you" Kat corrected Billie.

"Oh Kat!!" Finneas realised. "I've heard a lot about you,"

"You have?" Kat's eyes widened as Billie lightly hit her brother to shut up. "Like what?"

Finneas looked at Billie amused who was warning him to shut up with her eyes. "Oh um- just that you're the hot sister of the dude she is seeing,"

"Oh-" Kat said confused.

"And that you're a good kisser," Finneas added, earning another few hits on his shoulder from Billie.

"You told him that we kissed?" Kat asked shocked and embarrassed at the same time.

"Yea, he is my best friend, I tell him everything" Billie said drily. "But he was not supposed to tell you,"

"Sorry," Finneas laughed.

"Yea, I mean we are just friends," Kat said awkwardly, leaving an weird uncomfortable silence between them.

"I'm giving her a guitar lesson." Billie cleared her voice, finally breaking the silence.

"Cool, lets rehearse later also, I have this new song idea, I think you'll like it"

"Sure, do you wanna finish "bellyache" also later?" Billie asked, her eyes sparkling.

"Yea, did you come up with a second verse?"