9

The day I dreaded was Friday, which was the day we had to vote on whether or not to capture Captain Man and Kid Danger. We didn't go to the park this time but decided to go somewhere more private: Jasper's house. Jasper's house was the safest choice since hardly anyone ever visits this place, and his parents weren't even home.

We were downstairs in the basement, and we all made ourselves comfortable. Jasper had brought us all a chair and forced us to sit in a circle so we could all face each other as we voted and discussed what we would do next.

"So, let's start with what we are going to do next." Jay began glaring at Mitch when he saw the boy was about to open his mouth and talk. "First, I want to let you all know that attempting to capture both Captain Man and Kid Danger is risky. We need to think this through, and we will talk about it so you all can hear firsthand how idiotic it is to side with Mitch.

"First of all, Mitch is so obsessed with the reward money that he doesn't see how idiotic he is being. He doesn't care about the risks and just hopes for the best in capturing both heroes. He needs to stop and realize that capturing them will be a difficult task and will involve a lot of risk."

""Can I talk?" Mitch raises up his hands. Jay rolls his eyes and nods at him, leaning back against his chair, folding his arms across his chest, and watching him with narrowed eyes. "Okay, listen up, people. Don't y'all want money? Y/N?" He looks at me, and I let out a sigh.

"Yes, but..."

"Well, there you go," Mitch interrupts me. I am so thankful I am not sitting beside him. I sat between Jay and Jasper but was facing Mitch directly, which sucked. "Even Y/N agrees with me."

"No, I..." I tried again, wanting to smack him so badly but composed myself, giving him a glare as he continued talking as if I had never spoken.

"I believe y'all should vote for me. I mean, come on, guys!! Money for life!!" He exclaims excitedly, seeing some of them seem moved by his dumb speech. "How bad can it be? We can either think of a new plan or we can do the one we planned at the last meeting we had at the park. Which is finding a weapon to weaken them, especially Captain Man, then one of the girls yells, acting as if she is in danger, and then both heroes come, and BOOM!! They fall into our trap! Then we throw some gas to make them sleep." The more he talked, the louder he got. Not to mention he actually stood up from his seat in a dramatic way.

"I think my plan will work unless someone has a better plan. Just imagine us having money for life! Not having to go to work or anything, just relaxing at home or going on vacation. If anyone in your family is sick, you have enough money to get them treatment, and so many possibilities!"

Not gonna lie, Mitch's whole money thing is actually tempting to do, but it's wrong. I can see how the same people who voted for Mitch were already in on his plan. I can already see dollar signs in their eyes, dreaming of everything they can do with the money.

"Listen, Mitch." Jay coughs, interrupting him. "We don't capture anyone. We don't know if there is even a weapon or something that will do something to Captain Man. Don't forget, he is indestructible." He pointed out, and Mitch sat down, listening to him while rolling his eyes. "Yes, I will be honest, Mitch's whole money thing is tempting, but we can't do this."

"Because of Captain Man's superpower?" Sarah pointed out and actually stood up. Now it was her turn to talk, silencing Jay, who groaned but still listened. "I have something to show you guys." She took out her iPod and scrolled down to her gallery, stopping on a video.

Curious, we all gathered around her, wondering what she was going to show us. "There's a video that I downloaded because I knew Jasper has bad Wi-Fi, and it would be easier to watch the video while it's downloaded and not lagging," she said, ignoring Jasper, who rolled his eyes.

"What does this have to do with my plan?" Mitch whined but quieted down when the girl glared at him.

"I saw the video, and what I saw was that Captain Man was lying down on the floor unconscious!" She pressed play on the video, playing it fast forward and stopping when Captain Man got distracted and got knocked out. We all looked at each other, then at Sarah, who paused the video.

"Which is weird since I've never seen Captain Man go unconscious." She looked directly at Jay, hoping with this he would change his mind. "Kid Danger was the only one fighting. Don't you all realize that Captain Man was unconscious and that this is proof enough that maybe there is hope."

I frowned and thought back to the fight. I remembered him falling down but didn't think much about it because I was too busy panicking and trying to escort people out without being seen. Sarah is right. No one has ever seen Captain Man get knocked out. Never.

"But how?" I ask, looking at everyone, then at Sarah, who looks at me with a smirk. "That's impossible."

"Well, you see, I believe there is some kind of explanation," she says.

"And that is?" Mitch asks, a little impatient.

"Watch this." Sarah then plays the video again, fast-forwarding to when Captain Man and Kid Danger first enter the scene. We all watch, seeing how a woman appears behind them and sprays something on Captain Man's neck. "You see this? I did my research, and this woman..." She pauses on the woman. "She is actually Nurse Conort, who is known to be on Minyak's side."

"Yeah, I found it weird seeing her do that," I say loudly.

"So, this means that whatever she sprayed on Captain Man is the key to weakening him, then capturing him along with his sidekick." Sarah grins. "We just need to contact either Connor or Minyak. We can work together, and if my theory is correct, then we will have money for life!" she yells.

Everyone starts cheering and high-fiving her, except for Jasper, Jay, and me. I look over at Jay, hoping he would say something to stop them, but he seems to be deep in thought. "Jay?" I call out to him. "Say something."

Jay let out a sigh and decided to speak his thoughts, silencing everyone. "So, how exactly are you going to contact either of those criminals? And wasn't he put in jail?"

"He did get locked up in jail but then got bailed out, probably by Nurse Conort," Jason says as we all look at him, wondering how he knows. He just shrugs, answering our question. "What? I keep track of the news. Normally, Captain Man and Kid Danger wanted to take him somewhere themselves, but the police arrived on time, arresting him instead."

"So, all we have to do is find them," Mitch grins.

""So, if there really is something that weakens Captain Man, then will you accept and start our plan?" Sarah asks, looking at Jay.

Jay shakes his head, as if in disbelief of himself. "I want proof first that Minyak or his assistant does have some weapon. If they do, then we will talk." He avoids eye contact with me, knowing I was in shock.

"Jay..." I call out to him, but he just walks away. "The meeting is over," he says loudly before walking out of the basement.

The others cheer while Jasper comes to me with an uncertain look. "We need to do something," he whispers. "If they do get captured, who knows what this criminal who wants them will do to them? Maybe even kill them or torture them or something."

"I know, but right now, just stay calm. I will talk to Jay," I assure him, having hope that maybe Jay was out of his mind and was still on our side.

"If there is a weapon that can weaken Captain Man, then what?" Jasper says, "And what if Jay changes his mind and follows through with the plan? Then what?"

"Then we will deal with it." I look at him with determination. "We may lose this group, but who cares? They want to hurt two innocent people. For now, stay silent. We can only rely on each other."