12: Re-lived

-P I P E R-

The group had made it closer to the Last City and the huge concrete walls surrounding it. However, outside of the City were crowds of citizens who had turned against WCKD, surviving every day with a lack of basic needs. The crowds of protesters were angry, furious, at WCKD for tearing down humanity.

"We are the voice of the voiceless! They hide behind their walls... thinking they can keep the cure for themselves while they watch the rest of us wither and rot!"

Another truck drove past, people were sat on top of it with megaphones, preaching that they must be heard. Piper stared at a teenage boy sat on the vehicle, his face covered in a mask yet he seemed so familiar.

"So I say, we rise up... and take back what is ours!"

The group made it closer to the concrete walls, compressed by the huge crowds of rioting people. Thomas lead the group through the protests towards the front of the crowd, though Piper lacked behind for she had noticed a few drones following the group from the skies above.

"Hey, come on." Jade looked back at Piper, holding her lower wrist and pulling her through the tight crowds.

Piper frowned, her eyes darting around widely, "This doesn't feel right."

"We've got this far." Thomas replied, "We can't turn back."

Newt shared a concerned glance with Piper. He insisted, "We have to go now. Look!"

In amongst the crowd, masked men barged their way through the crowd with guns and weapons, when suddenly a echoing buzzing sound came from within the walls. It quietened the crowd instantly, as the people watched huge machines arise from the walls defence. The crowd had already started running and screaming, before WCKD sent a first off the first explosion.

"Go, go, go!"

The group sprinted away, cutting down alleyways and a variety of routes to try and get away from the danger. Abruptly, Piper was grabbed by the shoulders by one of the masked men, before they dragged her towards a van. The girl kicked and screaming, biting the man and spitting in his face, though she wasn't strong enough. Piper noticed these men were kidnapping her friends too, as she caught a glimpse of Brenda being thrown into the back of a van with Thomas.

"Jay! Brenda!" Jorge yelled, as three men forced him into another van.

"Jade!" Piper found herself calling for help, "Get off me, you- fuck off!"

Piper had been thrown into the back of the van with Newt and Frypan, glaring at two armed men who sat opposite them. The journey was silent, and when they were offloaded out of the vehicles, they were reunited with each other.

"Where is she?!"

A van pulled in, yelling and clashing coming from the inside. Suddenly, the two doors were swung open, and a masked man stumbled out. Jade stormed out of the van, her fists were bruised and cut, and she retrieved the gun, with no ammo left, from her pocket.

Jade pretended it was loaded, pressing it up against the man's temple. She yelled, "I'll kill you, hijo de puta! Tell me where Piper is! I'll kill you!" She pressed it harder into his skull, her jaw clenched with rage. Suddenly, with all her might, Jade swung the rear of the gun and smacked it around the man's head.