V

VOTE!

Tere bin nahi lagta mera dil

Tu hi rab hai, tu hi mera saahil

Sun, sajna, mujhse tu aa mil

Ab toh tu aa mil, aa mil

------------------------

AUTHOR'S POV

"I know I'm not in any position to ask, but who are you talking about?" Virendra inquired of Aalok, as he and Viraj had been discussing something before Aradhana left. Meanwhile, Rudransh, still present, took out his phone and began typing, disregarding the elders' conversation.

"Shekhar Vyas, Aradhana's ex-husband," Aalok commented.

"Ex-husband?" Abhishek blurted out, both Shekhawat brothers shocked by Aalok's revelation.

"Yes, my son Rakesh Nair arranged her marriage at 20 because he was facing losses in his company. A client agreed to help, but in return, they wanted Aradhana's hand in marriage for their son, Shekhara Vyas. An alcoholic and sadist with a tarnished reputation, no one was willing to marry their daughter to him. However, he offered to assist Rakesh, so he consented and married Aradhana off to him. After enduring much suffering, my Aru divorced him after three years of marriage."

Aalok narrated the story with a look of disappointment. Abhishek and Virendra absorbed his words, nodding in sympathy for her.

"I think she should have another chance at marriage; she's young, beautiful, independent, and we could find a perfect match for her," Sushma expressed her opinion.

"It's not right to keep a divorced daughter at home; she should move on from her past," she added, and this time Aalok nodded in agreement because he had heard this from many others, and to some extent, she was also right.

She should get married now!

No matter how civilized, educated, developed, and straightforward we become, when it comes to a divorced woman or daughter, everyone starts from square one. No one really wants to understand them; they just want them to move on to free themselves from the weight of society's taunts and comments. It's society that needs to move on, not them. But alas, this is the prevailing thought, treating them as burdens and disrespecting them.

सबसे बड़ा रोग क्या कहेंगे लोग!

As Rudransh heard the news, anger surged through his veins. He clenched his fists, abruptly rose from his seat, and exited the room, leaving everyone staring after him.

However, Viraj noticed the fury in his eyes, reminiscent of the rage he felt when he lost his most significant deal for the first time, perhaps even more intense.

Viraj smirked inwardly as an idea struck him, glancing at his friend Aalok, who seemed lost in thought.

Emerging from the room, Rudransh resembled a raging bull, with red eyes, tensed muscles, a clenched jaw, and balled fists. Anyone crossing his path would be courting disaster. He marched straight to his room, shed his jacket, and stepped into the shower. The cold water cascaded over him, tempering his fury as he punched the wall in frustration.

" Fuck, I will never let this happen," he swore under his breath. Despite feeling uncertain about his reaction, the mere mention of her belonging to someone else sent a thousand needles piercing through his heart, an unsettling sensation.