VI.

Gabriela and Trent came back to her house.
Jude and Antonella were sitting in front of the door. The door was locked so they could not enter the house.

"I'm very sorry I forgot to give you the keys."; Gabriela said unlocking the house.
"So, how have you been? Anything new?"; Jude asked hoping that Trent or Gabriela would say something about them being together.
"We had a good time, we went for ice cream."; Gabriela answered.
"Just that?"; Jude asked.
"Nothing else happened."; Trent said leaning against the car. Jude was left disappointed, but still decided not to make any reaction.

"What happened mate? I thought you were going to tell her you liked her?" Jude asked getting into the car.
"So much happened...AHH."; Trent slammed his hand on the steering wheel. Trent had been calm until that moment, everything had gone over his head. The otherwise calm guy exploded. On the way to the hotel, Trent told Jude everything that happened. Jude was choking with laughter, he couldn't believe that someone had such bad luck.

Falling asleep after such a bad day was difficult. Trent really wanted to confess to Gabriela, but the universe just didn't seem to want to.He understood that when he gets up again tomorrow, everything will be the same as before. As usual, he will receive a good morning text from his best friend and respond to it as if nothing had happened.

Trent had to go back to his normal life from the very next day. Jude returned to Madrid and they continued training. Trent had to move on with his life. In reality it had to be Trent Alexander-Arnold, not just Trent. He didn't even know what was harder to be 'Trent Alexander-Arnold' or 'just Trent'.

He was in a very difficult position. Gabriela had more training than usual, because they were preparing for Germany. They did not see each other until the day before Gabriela's trip to Germany.

"I would love to come to this match, but we have trainings session's."; Trent said.
"I understand completely. But I expect you to come to watch the first one we play in Liverpool."; Gabriela answered.
"But I will follow the match on TV of course."; Trent said.
"We expect nothing less."; Charlotte said checking to see if she had taken everything. She always forgets something, but this time she tried not to forget anything. Trent came to see them off to the airport. Every time Gabriela needs to travel somewhere, he is the one who drives her. It was simply their thing, so they could spend as much time as possible.

"Trent, can we talk for a second?"; Gabriela asked Trent taking his hand.
"Of course."; Trent replied following her.
"Are you nervous?"; Trent asked.
"Do I look nervous?"
"Quite a bit."
"This game is very important and somehow I have a feeling that a lot can happen."
"Don't think about the bad things that can happen, but about the positive ones. That always helps me before the game."
"Thank you Trent. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have a friend like you."
"That's why friends serve."; Trent said going in for a hug. Friends... you'd think, Trent wanted to be anything but a friend at that moment. If only she knew how much he loved her, but not as a friend.

"I know how much this means to you, but don't worry, everything will be fine."; Trent said breaking the hug.
"I called you because I actually wanted to tell you something..."; Gabriela started to say something, but was interrupted.
"Pierrelle, let's go!"; the coach called her. She didn't want to get into trouble, so she just said a quick goodbye to Trent.
"I'll tell you when I see you, bye Trent!" she said giving Trent a quick kiss on the cheek and ran to the team that was waiting for her.
"Goodbye Gabi, take care."; Trent said softly, barely hearing himself. He put his hand on the spot on his cheek where Gabriela had kissed him. He felt an enormous warmth, he was sure that he was burning, that he was burning with love. He didn't have a mirror to look at, but he knew it was redder than a tomato.

Gabriela sat next to her friend Charlotte on the plane. They would sit together most of the journey, it doesn't matter if they traveled by bus, car or plane. Charlotte was the kind of person who takes snacks on the road. She would always have some candy or chips. That wouldn't be a problem if she didn't overeat and fall asleep halfway through. Then Gabriela would have to spend the rest of the trip watching movies or being on her cell phone. But this time, Charlotte promised to stay awake for the rest of the trip and not eat. Not long after they got on the plane, they started talking.
"And did you tell him?"; Charlotte asked her friend.
"I didn't have enough time, I'll tell him when we get home."; Gabriela answered.
"How do you think he will react?"
"I don't know, that's why I'm afraid to tell him. But I hope he understands."
"It might break his heart."
"I know, but I hope I don't hurt him."
"It's your decision Gabriela. You can't know the consequences."
"I know, but I still have plenty of time to think."

The hotel where the volleyball players stayed was quite nice and big. Of course, the first person Gabriela had to call was Antonella. She had to tell her what the hotel was like and what she had seen while driving to the hotel. Every time Gabriela traveled somewhere, she would take one magnet, so that their refrigerator at home is already full of magnets. That was her idea this time as well. Antonella sometimes does it too, although she doesn't really travel that often. At the end of the year, the two of them agreed to go on a trip to Thailand, they haven't been there but they want to visit that place. They came up with the idea of ​​surprising their friends with this trip, so it became their plan.