VIII.

When Gabriela wake up first thing she did was calling Trent.
"Good morning!"; Gabriela greeted Trent as she prepared to leave.
"Morning! First of all, congratulations on the victory, you were the best there."; Tren greeted back.
"Aww, thanks. I was hoping we could see each other when I got back home. If you can, how about coffee with me?"
"I'd love to, I have some free time. To be honest I can't wait to see you."
"I can't wait to see you too. I'm enjoying it here, it's very nice, but I miss you and Antonella too much."
"I know you can't do without me."
"Honestly, I can't do without you."
"I don't want to take up more of your time, I see you're packing so I won't bother you."
"See you soon bye Trent!"
"See you Gabi!"

The flight back home was pretty quick even though Charlotte broke her promise and fell asleep.

Gabriela and Trent have their own special place to drink coffee, so they found themselves there this time as well.
"I couldn't wait to see you!"; Gabriela ran to hug her friend.
"I missed you too."; Trent also greeted his best friend.
"Before I left for Germany, I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't have the chance."
"Yeah, I remember."
"Well, I want to talk about it with you now."
"I'm here to listen to you."
"You know how I always dreamed of playing in my club where I play now. I had posters of players plastered on the walls. I also had a big club logo on the wall above my bed."
"Of course I remember, it was your dream. We went to the games together."
"Yeah, we always dreamed that you would play for Liverpool FC and I would play for Liverpool Women's Volleyball Club. We would go home from school and talk about it."
"Of course I remember everything. We had one ball with which we played soccer and volleyball. How could I not remember the most beautiful memories from my childhood."
"Look at us now. We've really come a long way. To tell you the truth, if you weren't there I don't know if I would have succeeded."
"I'm really glad we made it this far."
"This club is my dream, little me would be proud."
"I also remember that we fantasized about going to each other's matches and supporting each other."
"We dreamed about a lot. I can't believe that almost all of our dreams have come true."
"I'm just glad we're still together."
"Nothing can separate the two of us, I want you to remember that."; Gabriela said taking Trent's hands in hers. A light tear rolled down her face. Trent's hands were so warm and gentle. Gabriela tried to find the strength to tell him the truth. She already told Antonella what was going on, but now it's so hard for her to tell Trent the truth.

"Gabi, is everything okay?"; Trent asked worriedly.
"It is, it's just that the memories hit me hard."
"I understand, but we will make many new ones together."
"But the real thing I wanted to talk to you about is my volleyball."
"Just don't tell me you want to give up, because my heart won't take it."
"Of course I don't want to give up."
"You just scared me."
"But I have to talk to you about something serious. A month ago I got an offer to transfer to another club. I love my club, but this club can help me a lot in my career for the future. I never thought about leaving, until now. They came to watch me in the match in Germany and they liked my way of playing. I have to tell them my decision in three days."
"Well, have you made your decision yet?"
"I made a decision."
"AND?"
"I decided to sign the contract, I'm going to meet them right after coffee."
"I'm so happy for you, if anyone deserves it, it's you."
"Thanks Trent, I knew you would understand. This is a big deal for me."
"If it will make you happy, I'm happy for you. Know that I'm always here for you."
"I know, but there's one more thing..."
"I'm here to listen."
"Trent, my new club is in Barcelona."
"In Spain?"; Trent pulled his hands from Gabriela's. He put them in his hair and looked like he had seen a ghost. He could not understand what had just happened. Was it a bad joke on him? Were there hidden cameras somewhere? Gabriel could not go to Spain, it was not possible. He needed more time to tell her everything he felt, and his time had just run out. He was looking at the table, he could not look up.

"Trent...please...say something."; Gabriela tried to talk to him.
"What do you want me to tell you?"; he asked visibly upset and disappointed.
"Anything."
"I can't believe you would do that... please tell me this is just a sick joke."
"Trent..."
"I can't believe that you are leaving your beloved club, that you are leaving Liverpool... that you are leaving me."
"Trent, I'm not leaving you, I would never leave you. You know how much you mean to me, how much our friendship means to me."
"Apparently not enough to stay."; Trent said angrily after which he got up and left. Gabriela watched him go, unsuccessfully calling his name. He left her in tears behind him, without even turning around. It was definitely the most difficult moment for Gabriela in her life. She had to watch her best friend turn his back on her and walk away. She blamed herself and thought about what the two of them had been through together. She just wanted to go home and cry, but she couldn't. She had a very important meeting she had to attend.

The deal was done and Gabriela officially went on loan to Barcelona, ​​but only for a month. She didn't even get to tell Trent that. She was leaving in two days, but she didn't want to leave. There was only one thing on her mind during that time, and that was Trent. She didn't want to leave without smoothing things over with Trent. But at that moment it was simply not possible.