X.

Trent finally came back home.
He sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. There was a pen and paper on the table in front of him. He looked at that piece of paper and pencil for a long time, and an idea came to his head. He thought about writing a letter to Gabriela. Trent has never been one for big words, but sometimes the heart just writes. He started writing...
'My dear Gabriela,
Since you left, there is a big hole in my heart. I never thought that you would be this far from me and that it would be this difficult for me...'

This was something new for Gabriela.
She was completely alone at the airport, she had never felt so lonely before. She saw a man with a sign saying 'Miss Pierrelle', that was probably the man who was waiting for her. She immediately went to meet him. He was supposed to take her to her apartment. In the apartment, she met her roommate, Bruna is also her new teammate. Bruna is from Brazil and has been playing in Barcelona for two years. Bruna seemed like a really interesting and nice girl. And the apartment was not bad, it was quite spacious and nicely decorated.

But Gabriela couldn't think of anything but Trent. They didn't even say goodbye. It was very difficult for her, but she expected Trent to call first.

It wasn't easy for Trent either, he was putting things together in his head. He wanted to call Gabriela, but he didn't know what to say to her if he called. He was afraid that she wouldn't answer, or worse, that she would hang up on him. But if he doesn't call her, he'll only do more damage.

He wrote her a letter, but he knew that he would never send her that letter. Trent hadn't been brave enough to tell Gabriela how he felt, and now it was too late. He was really sorry for not listening to his friend Jude

When he finally found the strength, he called Gabriela and waited for her to answer his phone. The phone rang for quite a long time, but no one answered, Trent was afraid that Gabriela would not answer. The thought of that flew through his mind, he really messed up this time and he was aware of it. He just hoped that Gabriela would pick up the phone, he wanted nothing more than that.
"Greeting?"; a woman's voice answered. But it wasn't Gabriela's voice, Trent could always recognize Gabriela's voice. Another girl answered Gabriela's cell phone.
"Hi, is Gabriela there?"; Trent asked.
"She just went to take a bath."; a female voice answered.
"Oh nothing then, have a nice day."
"Perhaps you have a message for Gabriela, I can deliver it to her if you like." the girl suggested.
"Just tell her Trent called."
"I will, bye."
"Goodbye."; Trent said goodbye to the unknown girl. Who is this girl and what was she doing with Gabriela's cell phone? Trent was very sad and hoped that Gabriela would call him. He was by his cell phone the whole time, expecting a call.

When Gabriela came out of the bathroom, Bruna told her that Trent had called. She immediately called him back. Trent answered as soon as he saw it was her.
"Hey, before you say anything, I just wanted to tell you that I'm very sorry and I want to apologize. I made a huge mess and I'm sorry for it. I shouldn't have reacted like that, but the moment got the best of me. I'm very proud of you, if anyone deserves to play in Barcelona it's you, you work hard and try hard. I was so stupid to react like that. Please... can you forgive me?"; Trent tried to apologize.
"Hey you too!"; Gabriela laughed.
"Is that a yes?"
"Trent, I wasn't even mad at you, I just missed you a lot. These few days without you have been the hardest in my life so far."
"I should have been there for you and I wasn't. I'm the worst best friend ever."
"Don't say that Trent, you're the best."
"What best friend doesn't rejoice in the happiness of another friend?"
"Trent... it's okay, you're here for me now and that's what matters."
"Hey, do you want to go for a walk with me? I can show you around a bit if you want?"; Gabriela could hear Bruno calling her from another room.
"I have to go now, but I'll talk to you tonight, I promise!"; Gabriel waved goodbye to Trent.
"I'm so glad we reconciled, I couldn't last another hour without you."
"I missed you too Trent, but it's ok now."
"Goodbye Gabriel!"
"Goodbye Trent, I can't wait to hear from you again." They said goodbye and Gabriela went for a walk with Bruno, who has been in town for two years. Since she's been in town for so long, she knows the best places for fun, good food and a good night out.

Trent called his best friend Jude during this time. He told him everything, and Jude was in great disbelief that he had missed so much.
"Wait, wait, wait, Gabriela is in Spain and she didn't tell me?" Jude asked.
"She probably didn't have time to tell you. By the way, why would she even tell you?"
"Well, because we're friends."
"She didn't even tell me when her flight was, and I'm her best friend"
"Well, you two were in an argument, that's not the same thing. She should have said it to me."
"There's no reason for her to talk to you other than the fact that you're dating her sister."
"Okay, changing the subject. What are you going to do?"
"What do you think?"
"How are you going to tell her you like her?"
"I won't even tell her, I can't tell her that over the cell phone."
"Of course you can't, but you know what you can do? Buy a plane ticket and go to Spain."
"You're crazy!"
"No, no, seriously, listen to me. If I were you, I would get on a plane right now and go to her apartment. You have to do it before it's too late."
"Wait I have another call."; Trent was lying and ended the call. Trent does this all the time and Jude himself has realized it, but he just lets him do it. Trent is constantly running away from problems and that is his big problem.