12 | A Yes and a Comic Book Store

an: GUYS HIS HANDS ?!?!?!?

"Have a good day!" Mrs. Cooper exclaims to Sheldon and Y/N as she drops them off at school. As they navigate the hallways, a gentle rain begins to fall, providing a tranquil backdrop to their conversation. The distant patter of rain acts as a soothing soundtrack to their interactions. However, when faced with thunderstorms, Y/N experiences a blend of fear and unease.

The thunder's loud crashes quicken her heartbeat, and the lightning's bright flashes inspire a sense of dread. The storm's uncertainty leaves her feeling exposed and anxious. Noticing Y/N's discomfort, Sheldon gently takes her hand, offering a reassuring smile as they approach their classroom. His comforting gesture serves as a source of support upon the chaotic emotions stirred by the storm.

As Y/N and Sheldon release each other's hands, they settle into their seats. Y/N swiftly pulls her hoodie over her head, silently wishing for the storm to pass quickly. Sitting two desks away from Sheldon, she can't help but feel a twinge of unease at the distance between them. "Hello, class! I hope you all had a good weekend," Mrs. MacElroy cheerfully greets the students before the principal unexpectedly enters the room. The principal's sudden appearance causes a stir as he looks around for Sheldon, adding an air of mystery to the situation.

"I need Sheldon Cooper," the principal announces, scanning the room. Y/N's curiosity piques as she wonders what the principal could want from Sheldon. With a mix of apprehension and concern, Sheldon rises from his seat and follows the principal out of the classroom. As Sheldon exits with the principal, leaving Y/N behind, a wave of worry washes over her. Thoughts swirl in her mind, Is Sheldon in trouble? The uncertainty tugs at her heartstrings, leaving her with a sense of unease and concern.

୭ 🧷 ✧˚. 🎀

After the final bell rang, Y/N made her way to the Principal's office, where she patiently waited for Sheldon outside. Her mind swirled with thoughts of why Principal Petersin needed to see him. The worry of Sheldon getting into trouble again crept into her thoughts.

As the door creaked open, Sheldon emerged with a bright smile on his face. Y/N couldn't contain her concern and blurted out, "Lee, what's going on? Is everything alright?" Sheldon reassured her, "Don't worry, everything's fine. But there's some news." He then added, "I'll fill you in after school, I have to rush to class now." Giving her a quick peck on the cheek, Sheldon headed off.

Y/N's heart raced with a mix of curiosity and concern. The uncertainty of the situation left her feeling a bit on edge, wondering what news Sheldon had to share. As she watched him head back to class, a whirlwind of emotions swept through her about what awaited her after the final bell rang. The waiting game began, and Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of restlessness as she pondered the mystery that Sheldon was holding back.

||

Y/N's POV
I couldn't shake off the constant thoughts about what Sheldon had to share with me. My mind was racing non stop.

🎱♡ ⁺‧₊˚ ꒰ time skip ꒱ ˖ׄ 🗝️ ୭

As the day was wrapping up, I was eager to finally hear what Sheldon had to share with me. Making my way towards the exit, I heard a familiar voice, "Hello, Love." (an: AHH) I turned to see my favorite boy. "Sheldon! Okay, spill the news, I can't wait any longer," I exclaimed eagerly.

"Okay, okay... so... East Texas Tech wants me to attend their school, and I said yes," Sheldon began. A wave of anxiety washed over me. Is he leaving? What about us? He's not staying here with me for school anymore? My mind racing with worries about not having him close by.

Sheldon interrupted my thoughts, "Y/N!" he said, snapping me back to the present. "Sorry, what? I mean, I'm happy for you, but... will I not see you anymore?" I asked, feeling a familiar lump form in my throat, trying not to show my emotions.

"Don't worry, I'll come back to visit often, and I'll make sure to stay close. I'll always come to see you," Sheldon reassured me, gently holding my cheek. I nodded, feeling a mix of emotions, before wrapping him in a hug. "It's going to be alright, I promise," he comforted me. While I'm genuinely happy for him, I can't help but feel a pang of sadness at the thought of him not being at school with me and not falling asleep by my side every night.

"Are your parents going to be okay with this?" I inquire. "We'll find out, I suppose," he responds, walking with me, hand in hand, as we head over to where his mom is waiting to pick us up. "Hey kids! How was your day?" Mrs. Cooper asks the two of us, "It was okay," I say to her.

ᯓ★

When I got home, I went to Sheldon's room to work on my homework in peace. As I sat at his desk and began writing, I felt his hands on my waist. "Lee, what are you doing? I need to focus," I said. Although I appreciate his attention, I really need to concentrate on my physics homework. "Okay, I'll go get you a YooHoo," Lee replied before leaving the room.

I can see he's trying to distract me from the college situation, but I can't shake off the worry of being apart from him for a long time. It concerns me, he has made me feel so secure these past two weeks, and the thought of not having him around is daunting. What will I do? My thoughts were interrupted by Sheldon returning with two Yoo-hoos. "Thanks, Lee," I said, smiling at him.

Sheldon's POV
I can sense her anxiety. I don't want her to be worried. I know she's happy for me, but she's clearly stressed about me leaving. I place my hand on her knee to comfort her. "Everything will be fine, Y/N/N, I promise," I reassured her. The last thing I want is to cause her any worry, "Would you like to go to the comic book store?" I ask my lady before she nods eagerly.

"Mom, we're heading to the comic book store, okay? Bye!" I inform my mom as we link hands and head towards the store. She's been unusually quiet since we left.

Upon reaching the comic book store, I spot my sister, Missy, at the front desk. "Missy?" I exclaim in surprise, "Do you work here?"

"Hey, Doofus. Hey Y/N! I work here now!" she happily informs us. Y/N starts exploring the store, and I offer to get her anything she wants. Seeing her happy brings joy to me as well. Y/N is the only person who has caused me to feel this way. Love is like an unsolvable equation, complex yet intriguing, with variables that defy conventional logic and constants that remain a mystery.

an: i apologize for my small inactivity, ive been trying to figure out what to write about, thank you for reading<3
-aj