16 | A Message and a Walk

"Can you leave please?" Sheldon requests to Paige. "Fine. I'll see you in class," Paige responds smirking. I can't shake this feeling, I'm not sure why i feel.. jealous? It's unfamiliar to me. Sheldon expresses his gratitude for helping us to his dorm, embraces his Mother then turns to me. I try to control my emotions as he tenderly wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head in my shoulder. I know I'll miss him. "I love you," He whispers to me before placing his lips on mine. "SHELDON LEE COO-" "Relax, mother. I've been meaning to tell you," Sheldon says to Mrs. Cooper, referring to us dating. "Well, this is unacceptable!" She exclaims before leaving in a huff. "She'll get over it." Sheldon says before gently kissing me again.

I wrap my hands around his neck before I depart our lips realizing tears beginning to well up in my eyes. "Y/N, please don't cry, my lady." He pleads. I shake my head "don't worry, i'm proud of you." I smile before hugging him once more and stepping out the door. My heart aches, I miss him already. The thought of being apart from him tugs at my heartstrings, leaving me feeling a deep sense of loss even before he's gone. Sheldon has become such an integral part of my life, and the idea of him being miles away is hard to bear.

Sheldon's POV
As Y/N left, my heart felt heavy with her absence. The warmth of her touch lingered on my skin, and her presence filled the room even after she was gone. I couldn't help but feel a sense of longing, a hearing for her company that I knew would only grow stronger with each passing moment. Her departure left a void that seemed impossible to fill, and I found myself counting down the moments until I could see her again.

Although, I am excited for class tomorrow, besides Paige. Ugh. I don't like the way she treated Y/N when they met, She was quite rude. My thoughts were interrupted by loud music coming from the outside of my door. I open my door to see college students skateboarding down the hallways as they yell and make much noise. "Excuse me? Could you please keep it down?" I ask before getting water splashed in my face randomly. "This is outrageous!" I shout at the post teens outside and slam the door.

‎‧₊˚✧ time skip ✧˚₊‧

As the day was winding down, booming music suddenly erupted from my neighbor's room. Summoning my courage, I strode over to address the noise. I tapped out "quiet" in Morse code on their door. The door swung open, revealing a tipsy teenager. "Yeah?" he slurred, almost stumbling. "I'm here to talk to you about the music and your abysmal Morse code skills," I said, met with a puzzled look. Just as I was about to speak, I spotted a familiar face.

"Paige?" I called out, catching her attention. "Sheldon," she responded, looking embarrassed. "You know him?" the intoxicated man asked her. "What are you doing here?" I inquired, genuinely concerned. "Would you believe I'm working on a femtosecond laser in the engineering department?" she quipped. "Yes," I affirmed. "Then that."

"You know she's not old enough to drink beer?" I cautioned the guy, worried about her safety. "Dude, I'm not old enough to drink beer," he retorted before Paige ushered him inside and shut the door.

"Can you just leave me alone?" Paige pleaded. Though I wasn't particularly fond of her, I cared about her safety like I do for everyone. "What are you doing here?" I pressed. "I'm trying to have some fun without revealing my age," she sighed. "Just go away," she swatted at me before the same guy reappeared. "Hey, we're about to play some beer pong, you in?" he asked the blonde beside me. "You should know she is-" i start before Paige interrupts. "-Dinner! i have not had dinner, so we are going to go get some food!" Paige says with a fake smile before dragging me down the hallway. "Do you have cash?" She asks me "Of course, i always have an emergency $20 on me, plus a quarter." i tell her as we walk down the hallway of the dorms. "21 bucks? your paying" she says as we exit the dorms.

———

"You realize that alcohol kills brain cells right?" I explain to her as we walk down the dark sidewalk towards the diner. "Yeah well it also makes my life tolerable." She confesses. I was confused and asked her what she meant. "Well, talking to you seems less annoying." she says stumbling at her words. "I'm messing with you. It's just, sometimes life sucks and it's easier just to not deal with it." she says to me. I still am a bit confused at what she meant by her life sucks. "Could you be more specific?" i say as she rolls her eyes. "Well, I have no friends, i don't fit in anywhere, and i dropped out of college but i'm too young to get a job so..killing brain cells just makes it easier."

My heart sort of went out to Paige. I couldn't describe what I was feeling and i've never felt this with anyone else besides Y/N..empathy? I wish that I could help her not feel this way anymore. "Go ahead smart guy, fix me" She says before walking off.

an: hey pooks!! i'm so sorry for the inactivity i love youuu!!<33
-aj