17 | A Party and a Search

As I sit in Del Bono's Pizza with Paige sitting in front of me still tipsy, i try to get her to say the Dare Pledge. "I promise not to do drugs, to avoid violence, to be responsible and to make responsible choices, now you go." I say to Paige as she bites her pizza and rolls her eyes, "No." "I dare you" I say trying to intimidate her. "Clever right? because i still have all of my brain cells" I say smirking. "Sheldon, just eat your pizza." Paige rolls her eyes. I notice her eyes beginning to shift towards the entrance as she begins to smile. "Hey, you guys going to a party?" She says to the teenagers carrying pizza boxes out the door. "Yep, gamma Kappa house" The drunk male from earlier says to Paige smiling. "Cool." Paige says as they walk off.

˙ ✩°˖🫐 ⋆。˚꩜

Paige and I decide to take a leisurely walk back to the dorms. As we stroll down the dark sidewalk, we suddenly hear a whole lot of noise coming from this big white house down the street. Curiosity piqued, Paige leads me straight to the source. It's a full-on party, with loud music, teenagers scattered everywhere, and lights hanging off the roof. I'm a bit puzzled and ask Paige, "What are we doing here?" With a mischievous smirk, she replies, "It's a party, Sheldon." I panic a bit, realizing we weren't invited and I didn't bring a gift. I express my concern, but Paige's response is simple, "Then go home." As she begins to walk into the house. Now I'm left standing on the sidewalk, torn between following her or heading back home. Despite my mixed feelings about Paige, I can't help but feel a strong urge to protect her. I mean, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her, right? But then, I suddenly realize I drank way too much root beer and desperately need to use the bathroom.

So, without further ado, I sprint into the house, only to find Paige nowhere in sight. The place is packed with partygoers, making it a real challenge to navigate through. I stand there, scanning the crowd, desperately searching for Paige. Just when I think I'm out of luck, a slightly older, clearly intoxicated guy approaches me. I gather up the courage to ask him, "Excuse me, do you know where the nearest restroom is?" And he points me in the right direction. Hell does exist

I finally make it into the house, but, unfortunately, there's a ridiculously long line for the restroom. Frustrated, I stomp my foot and continue my search for Paige. I ask as many people as I can if they've seen her, but no luck so far. Just when I'm starting to lose hope, I spot this girl in the crowd and decide to tap her on the shoulder. I muster up the courage and ask, "Excuse me? Have you seen... Missy?!" none other than my sister at a college frat party! Just as surprised as I am and says, "Sheldon? What are you doing here?" I quickly explain that I'm here with Paige and ask about Y/N, wondering why she isn't here with my sister. Concerned, my sister tells me that Y/N didn't feel like coming and has been feeling a bit down since I got dropped off. My sister and I join forces and start searching for Paige together.

Eventually, we managed to track down Paige, but things took a concerning turn. We found her with a drunk guy who had his arm around her. It made me really worried for her safety. Missy, being the protective sister she is, decided to ask the guy about Paige's age. He seemed confused and said she told him she was 18. Missy, with a smirk on her face, said, "Lower..." The guy's expression changed as he guessed, "16?" Missy shook her head and said, "Lower..." The guy's eyes widened as he hesitantly said, "15?" At that point, he realized he had to make a quick exit and ran away. Missy and I knew we had to get Paige somewhere safe, so we brought her back to my house. Missy quietly carried her into my room, but to my surprise, I saw my lady fast asleep in my bed, all cozy under the blankets. "Y/N, get out, we have to put Paige in Sheldon's bed." Missy exclaims quietly.

Y/N's POV
I suddenly wake up to Missy's voice, telling me to get out of Sheldon's bed. I sit up and my mind starts racing. Why is Paige here? And why is Sheldon here too? I can't help but blurt out, "Sheldon?" I quickly get up and rush over to hug him. "I missed you too, Y/N," he says with a smile. But then he adds, "We need to get Paige in my bed." Missy gently lays Paige down in Sheldon's bed, and I can't help but feel a bit frustrated. I mean, I was literally sleeping there. Why is Paige even here in the first place? I hate this.