Group Chat

Catnap let out a relieved sigh as he sat down on the bench, closing his eyes a little with his body leaning against it. Dogday couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle when he sat down next to him.

He had to admit...the cat did look pretty cute, even when he was tired.

"I wish I was as energetic as you are sometimes..."

Catnap groaned, wishing that he slept in some more back at home. Still, he didn't want to miss any classes on his first day.

He wanted to make a good first impression after all.

"You'll get used to it, buddy. As long as you get enough sleep that is."

Dogday took out his lunch bag, pulling out his phone from his pocket. Catnap did something similar, taking out his own lunch bag and placing it onto the bench.

Dogday eyed the cat curiously. He wondered...did Catnap have a phone as well?

"Okay, soo"

Dogday trailed off, swiping through his phone until he eventually found his way to the group chat.

"Sayyy, Catnap. Do you happen to have a uh...phone? If so I could add you to this group chat I have. The other critters are in there too, ya know! Remember them? Kickin...Bobby...Bubba..."

Catnap's ears perked. The other critters? As in...all 6 of them?

Were they really all at this school too?

'Guess I really have been missing out...I wonder if they'd still remember me?'

"Oh! Of course I do, I uh...I'll join it, but...are you sure that they'd still want to be friends with me? I mean...it's been years after all. I'm practically a stranger to them at this point-"

Dogday pulled Catnap in with his arm, almost as if giving him a 'half-hug' of sorts.

"Nonsense! They'd love to see you! Come on! Worst case scenario, I'll be there for ya, kitty!"

Catnap felt his face heat up. Kitty...normally, he never thought anything of that nickname. Yet now...for some reason...it made his chest feel weird.

Why? Why was he feeling this way all of a sudden? And right after doing everything he could to hate the poor dog too...

Today's such a weird day.

Catnap decided to shake the feeling off, taking out his phone and quickly joining the group chat with Dogday's help.

A notification popped up in the chat once he did.

"Catnap has joined the group chat."

Dogday was the first to reply, of course, knowing that Catnap was about to join.

Dogday:

"Hey guys! Guess who's baccck? I reunited with my best buddy Catnap in school earlier, and I decided to let him join!"

Kickin Chicken:
"Catnap?! Dude! Did you just come back from the dead or something?!"

Catnap felt a smile creep its way onto his face. They didn't forget about him...did they?