Monster

Catnap and Dogday laid together in their bed, sleeping together in it.

Dogday insisted that the cat slept in the bed with him, despite the cat protesting that he's better of laying on the floor or couch for the dog's comfort.

In fact...it was almost as if the canine wanted him to rest with him. His arms were wrapped around the cat's body, his tail tilted towards the feline as well.

They rested peacefully, until...

DING, DINGDINGDINGDING, DING! DING, DINGDINGDINGDING, DING!!!!

The alarm on the Dogday's phone blared in the cat and dog's ears, forcing the two to wake up. Catnap was of course not accustomed to this, so he panicked and pulled the dog close for protection, clutching onto him tightly.

'Huh?! Aww....Catnap...'

The canine smiled a little as he gently pet the cat's head for reassurance, taking a small sniff of the feline's signature lavender scent.

He reached his paw out to grab his phone, turning the alarm off before bringing it close so that it wouldn't huet the cat's ears.

He checked the time.

7:15 A.M.

'Shoot! We have to get ready!'

Dogday gently tapped the cat's back.

"Come on, sleepy kitty. We have to get up for school."

Catnap groaned, reluctantly unwrapping his arms from the dog, freeing him from the cat.

"I wish it was a friday..."

Catnap mumbled before lazily sitting up from the bed, rubbing his eyes in a manner that made his reluctance clear.

The dog practically jumped out of bed, grabbing some clothes from his closet for the day.

"You and me both buddy, but hey! More time to spend together right? Oh! I was thinking...since the school is close by, maybe we could get there early and I can show you around some more! Maybe we could even meet up with one of the others if you'd like! And-"

The dog stopped himself once he realized how much he was rambling to the poor cat. He let out a soft, embarrassed chuckle.

"Sorry! I don't mean to rant for so long."

The feline shook his head, a warm smile making its way onto his face.

"Nah...it's cute."

The cat blurted out without thinking, which wasn't helped by his tired state. His tail gently swayed, until he came to a realization.

He didn't have any clothes to change into. The cat's face flushed in embarrassment.

Dogday grabbed a couple of clothes; a shirt and some shorts in particular, setting them down on the bed. He immediately took notice of the cat's expression.

"Hm? What's wrong Catnap?"

"I forgot to bring my clothes!"