Standing Up

Catnap's POV

I turned to the face the one who called out to me. To my surprise, it was Bobby. She had a neat, purple bow on her head, in addition to a school uniform. The uniform itself however had some nice decorations on it, like some hearts, stars, and the like.

"Catnap, I can tell you're hurt. I...heard about what happened back there."

Bobby sat beside me, she smiled a little as she let out a soft giggle.

"Heh...didn't think that this would be how we'd meet again, honestly. But then again...you look like you could use some company."

I looked away from her, hiding part of my face into my arms.

"I just don't get why that happened. I don't know why Cameron felt the need to engage, or to anger Dogday like that. And then he accidentally bit him that hard and.."

Tears began to come out of my eyes, as I sobbed a little.

"It's not fair...why did things have to turn out this way? When I finally had a friend again.."

Bobby pulled me into a small hug, which I quickly melted into. I wrapped my arms around her, as she gently pat my back.

"I'm so sorry, Catnap.."

"I just...I don't know what to do anymore! I don't even know if Dogday will get suspended! I could be alone again!"

I quickly broke away from the hug as I realized something. Dogday! Where was he? I got so caught up in everything that I wasn't even thinking straight, I just ran and hoped for the best!

"Wait...Dogday! Where is he?! I saw Kickin take him somewhere! I got scared and I ran off so-"

"He's in the Nurse's Office right now. Kickin and Bubba told us that. But...Kickin said that he seems pretty distraught. I think he could use a friend, too.."

I stood up, wiping away my tears. As much as I'd love to just sit down and cry all day, Dogday needed me. I owed him one, anyways, for what I did yesterday.

"Can the you bring me there? Please? I'm still new here and I need to be there. For Dogday."

Bobby nodded, leading the way as she began to walk towards the Nurse's office.

I noticed some students stared at the two of us. Well...actually me as we walked by. Great.

Now I'm known as 'The cat the dog bit some doberman's arm for.'

I lifted my hood up, hoping that it'd help hide my face for the time being. Although...the fact that it was a bright white, and clearly contrasted with my fur didn't help at all.

Not to mention that a little blood got on it as well, from Cameron.

Eventually, we made our way to the Nurse's Office, although the walk felt as if it took forever. Probably because the staring put me on edge.

"I'll give you two some space to yourselves."

Bobby said, deciding to sit in a third chair, across from Bubba and Kickin who were sitting together.