Ex

[Dogday]

"Catnap...are you sure you're ready to head back to school? I know those past couple of days have been eventful, so I'd completely understand if you don't."

We held each others hands, already dressed for the day. A soft chuckle escaped the cat, his tail flicking. It was his own version of a wagging tail, of course, being a cat and all.

The feline subtly nodded, his fingers gently brushing the my hand. It admittedly tickled a little, but it felt nice. He stared into the my eyes, practically lost in them.

"Dogday," He began, a smile gracing his face with ease.

"It's fine. We'll have to go back someday, anyways."

Catnap answered, although I secretly wished that the cat would've said no. It's not that I dreaded heading back to school, really.

It's actually because of Cameron. I've known Cameron for a while now, but I only grew close to him during middle school or so.

In fact...there was a small secret the two of us had. One that may explain things a bit more. However...

I didn't want Catnap to worry about it, so I decided that I won't tell him for now. It's not like it'd be necessary or anything right? And besides!

Cameron has probably calmed down by now. Maybe he'll realize his mistakes...if we're lucky.

I let out a soft sigh, feeling even the tiniest bits of worry wash away as I stared at the handsome feline before me.

"As you wish, Catnap. Let's go."

~ 7:30 A.M.

We made our way to the high school, rather early at that, too! We rushed because Kickin's house is a bit farther from the school than both Catnap and I's homes, and we didn't want to end up being late due to traffic.

But hey! That leaves us with some free time! Although catching up on homework is gonna be a pain...maybe Bubba could help...

We held each other's hands, smiling at each other, practically grinning from ear to ear! I couldn't help it, he was just so darn cute! I wanted to squish his face or something, but I knew that Catnap probably doesn't want to show too much public affection.

Everything seemed to be perfect, as if nothing had happened. We didn't have any weird stares, well okay, many weird stares, but the few we got were probably because we were clearly a couple now...right?

I'd hope so, anyways. I don't want Catnap to feel as if he has to be on edge all the time.

At least the principal will likely be on our side now–

"Hmph. Never thought that you'd be the type to skip, Dogday."

A familiar voice called out. Cameron. Again. He sounded weirdly...angry? As if he were annoyed by something. Did we actually manage to get him punished for once??

The two of glanced over to face Cameron, the smiles fading from our faces, defensive glares replacing the warm expressions we had prior.