Chapter 18: Saving A Totem Pokemon's Nest

Over a week has passed and certain things have changed during the time with the class. After the Scavenger Hunter, Lana managed to find a Sparkling Stone and the Kahuna made it into her very own Z-Ring. The day after Ash and Lana had there chance to face the Lord of the Lake. After the trial Lana earned the Z Crystal and her Popplio learned Aqua Jet during the battle as well.

 After the trial Lana earned the Z Crystal and her Popplio learned Aqua Jet during the battle as well

A couple days later, it was time for a celebration called the Wela Fire Festival. It is an event that has been celebrated by the citizens of Akala Island and Fire Type enthusiasts alike for over a century. It takes place at a shrine on Wela Volcano. The reigning Akala island kahuna is responsible for hosting the event. The kahuna presents all of the attendants' Fire Pokémon with the legendary Wela Crown, an item made from cooled lava that is said to boost a Fire Pokémon's powers. The festival celebrates the power of Wela Volcano and honors it for giving Akala Island its nutrient-rich volcanic soil.

 The festival celebrates the power of Wela Volcano and honors it for giving Akala Island its nutrient-rich volcanic soil

It is said that the crown boosts the Fire Pokemon's power. There were many people in line, and a couple had there Pokemon wear it but then a wild Alolan Marowak showed up and stole the crown.
Kiawe was gonna have his Turtonator but Marowak defeated it in battle. After the battle, Kiawe wanted to face it again so he looked back to the battle and trained before encountering it again. On the next day, the rematch happened and Kiawe caught. It would appear the Marowak wanted to get stronger with crown but then it made a decision to join Kiawe's team.
Niku heard what happened and is glad that Kiawe has a new companion to help him get stronger.

The next day has arrived and Niku was walking around the volcano with Eevee beside him. During the walk, he battled a few trainers with just Eevee. He won every battle and is unaware of a certain Pokemon watching him. The Pokemon ran away to who knows where and the scene ends with Niku and Eevee leaving.

Later

It is night time and Niku and Eevee were sleeping in a different room at the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy and Chansey were busy and the doors opened. They didn't look when a Pokemon slithered in and snuck in the hallway looking for a trainer. It was trying to catch the scent of the trainer and found his room. It slithered to the door and scratched it. Niku was sleeping but Eevee heard a noise at the door.