Chapter 23: Paradox Trainer vs. Gym Leaders

Currently, everyone was in a bus heading towards Cerulean City's Gym, with everyone looking out the window to see it.

Kukui: There it is.

Mallow: So that's the Cerulean Gym...

Misty: Yep. That's it.

Kiawe: And we're going to have a Gym match there...

Ash: Now I'm fired up.

Once arriving to the gym, everyone exited the bus and made their way inside, and Ash looked around amazed, along with everyone else.

Ash: Wow! It looks so different from when I was last here.

Misty: That's because we remodeled it.

Sophocles: Huh, there's something there.

Everyone looked over and saw Psyduck in the field.

Psyduck: Psyduck?

Ash: Whoa! Psyduck!

Lana: It's so cute!

Misty: Psyduck! Thanks for watching the gym.

Psyduck: Psyduck.

Misty: Welcome to my gym. The Cerulean Gym.

Ash: Man, I haven't felt like this in awhile! I'm starting to get really anxious to battle!

Kukui: Let me once again introduce these two. This is Misty, Gym Leader of the Cerulean Gym and a Water Type Pokemon Trainer.

Misty: Nice to meet you.

Kukui: And this is Brock, former Gym Leader of the Pewter Gym and a Rock Type Trainer.

Brock: Nice to meet you.

Kukui: Engage in Pokemon battle against these two, and let the heat of the moment fire you up to Blast Burn levels!

Everyone: Yeah!

Kukui: Pokemon Trainers from other regions travel around visiting different Pokemon Gyms, where they battle Gym Leaders. If they win, those battles, they receive Gym Badges as proof of said victory.

Misty: The Cerulean Gym gives out the Cascade Badge.

Brock: And this is the Boulder Badge, the proof of victory at the Pewter Gym.

Lillie: They are gorgeous.

Lana: Yeah.

Kiawe: You traveled around collecting Kanto Badges once, I take it, Ash?

Ash: Now that you mention it, I got all 8 of them just fine!

Suddenly, both Misty and Brock made doubtful faces towards Ash.

Misty: What you got from us were pity badges, though.

Brock: I seem to recall that, too.

Niku: Pity badges?