Chapter #7. Twisted Devotion

Rashid and Nusrat stood in their living room, their voices raised in anger. But this time, Rashid’s words were laced with a deep-seated pain.

You know, Nusrat, I’ve always known the truth. Aliza is my daughter, my flesh and blood.”

Nusrat’s face twisted in venom.

Oh, really? And how do you know that, hmm? Because I told you so?”

Rashid’s eyes narrowed.

What are you insinuating, Nusrat?”

Nusrat’s voice dripped with malice.

I’m just saying, Rashid, that you’re so quick to claim Aliza as your own, but what if she’s not? What if she’s just a product of your own guilt and ego?”

Rashid’s face faltered, and for a moment, he looked uncertain. Nusrat’s words had struck a nerve, and he felt a creeping doubt.

No, Nusrat, that’s not true. Aliza is my daughter. I know it.”

Nusrat’s laughter was like a knife.

Oh, really? Then why did I marry Jameel, hmm? Why did I keep Aliza’s true parentage a secret all these years?”

Rashid’s eyes widened, and his voice dropped to a whisper.

What are you saying, Nusrat? That Aliza isn’t my daughter after all?”

Nusrat’s smile was poisonous.

I’m just saying, Rashid, that you should be careful what you assume. The truth can be a cruel thing.”
                                                  ----------------------------------------------

In the quaint town of Khushhaal Pur, a secret love blossomed between Nusrat and Rashid. One fateful evening, they met in the town’s hidden gardens, surrounded by blooming flowers and the soft chirping of birds.

Rashid, a charismatic poet, had captured Nusrat’s heart with his soulful voice and captivating words. As they strolled hand in hand, the setting sun cast a warm glow on their entwined fingers.

Nusrat, with her piercing green eyes and raven hair, was enchanted by Rashid’s passion and creativity. Rashid, with his chiseled features and kind heart, adored Nusrat’s intelligence and beauty.

As they reached a secluded spot, Rashid turned to Nusrat, his eyes burning with desire.

Nusrat, my love, I want to spend my life making you happy. Will you be mine?”

Nusrat’s heart raced with excitement.

Rashid, my love, I want nothing more than to be with you. Forever and always.”
                                             ---------------------------------------------------------

Nusrat sat in her room, her heart racing as she clutched the proposal letter from Jameel. She had expected it, but a part of her had hoped for a different outcome. She needed to talk to Rashid, the love of her life, the father of her unborn child.

She found Rashid in the town square, his eyes sparkling as he recited poetry to a small crowd. Nusrat waited until he finished, her eyes locked on his, and then approached him.

Rashid, we need to talk,”

she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

They walked to a nearby garden, the flowers and trees providing a secluded sanctuary. Nusrat took a deep breath and revealed the truth.

Jameel has proposed to me, and I’m pregnant with your child.”

Rashid’s face lit up with joy, but it quickly faded.

Nusrat, my love, I’m jobless, I can’t provide for you or our child. You should marry Jameel, he can give you a secure future.”

Nusrat’s heart broke at his words. She had hoped he would fight for her, for their love, but instead, he was pushing her away.

Rashid, please, send a proposal for me, I want to be with you, to raise our child together.”

Rashid’s eyes filled with tears, and he took her hand.