Chapter Eleven

Gripping tightly the stainless steel railing on the open deck of the Bridal Yacht, Lucas recalled with amusement how events had turned out soon after he left the Princess suite at the Beach Hotel overlooking the beach.

At first he was thrilled at his success. He took a moment to luxuriate in the sweet memory of his sexual experience with his new acquaintance. But the thought of escorting her to his client later that night dampened his spirits, and somewhere in the recess of his subconscious mind, another nagging thought persisted, of looming danger.

He could not put his finger on it. Something told him that Princess hadn't been completely honest with him regarding her true identity, especially her chosen profession. Qatar Airways Hostess? Very unlikely.

Princess of the King of Qua'ala? Most unlikely. And now she wanted enrollment into his string of maidens? It just didn't hold together.

But as to her access to money, there could be no doubt. The scent of her expensive perfume and a suite in a five star hotel, attested to that. Although she had displayed complete air of freedom, he could not be too certain that she was all by herself. Perhaps there was a man somewhere in the background. She did not look like the married type, so perhaps a rich boyfriend, her father or an uncle, or maybe even a brother.

As he drove back to the Yacht, Lucas could not resist glancing at her picture that was displayed on the screen of his cell phone, over and over again, until he had almost run into an approaching truck.

He swerved just in time, to the loud blaring noise of the truck's horn, cursing.

“Christ!”

Princess was dynamite alright, he concluded, cautioning himself to thread carefully. But the question still remained unanswered, why was she eager to meet his client? Just so Lucas could honor his promise to a friend? If so, why would she go out of her way to please him? Or was she the wild type, just looking for adventure?

Lucas shrugged.

He'd heard about some rich, spoiled brats who loved to dine with the devil. There seemed to be an affinity between the rich and attraction for bad guys, while bad girls were drawn to the good guys. But Princess didn't cut him as a rich, spoiled brat going after lucre. She looked like an honest, good girl, one who would most probably not give herself to such indulge sexual escapades, wild sex and orgies. Or did she?

How did she guess that he had made a commitment to someone concerning her? Was she a mind reader, or just goddamned clairvoyant?

Too many questions. Fewer answers. Okay, he admitted, the woman was a mystery alright.

Lucas decided to forward her picture to his client to get a reaction.

As soon as he had boarded his yacht, he called up the Princess' picture from his photo album and, selecting his client's number, punched the 'send' button and waited.

He got a reaction alright.

His cell phone beeped within a few minutes.

“Hey, Lu,” the hoarse voice sounded excited. “I see the woman photo. When you will bring her for me?”

“Not so fast,” Lucas said. “This one's special as you can see. The price has gone up.”

“Lu, do not treat me like a stranger. I pay you good money, no? Americano dollars, yes?”

“I know. But like I said, the price on this one, has gone up. If you accept I will bring her tonight.”

“How much?”

“Double,” Lucas said.

“No! Money too much, no?”

“If you accept my terms, send the money to my account. As soon as I receive notification from my bank, I'll make the necessary arrangements.” Lucas didn't wait for a response and cut the connection.