Chapter Two

It was absolutely weird the only thing the teacher wanted to talk to me about was that She wanted me to tutor someone in her regular bio class as a favor for her. I politely declined since I really don't have the time for that. She seemed somewhat disappointed but let me go to my next class which was world literature. The rest of the morning went on smoothly. with me not being cornered by anymore teachers. for some reason teacher feel obligated to ask me to tutor someone when they know I would decline this wasn't the first time she asked.  

At lunch I met up with Baheera and Baheeeja as well as Emily a girl I take my English with Courtney who is the twins bffs, Mike and Jack who are are in my calc class. They were all on their phones talking about some the lasts gossips. I'm like so off on social networks that I'm so behind on mostly everything or so Baheera and Baheeja keep saying. Their are the ones with the iPhones while I'm stuck with a 20 dollar flip flop phone from Walmart. I'm probably on the FBI's watch list that's how so off the grid I am. Considering how I'm the only teen in the entire school who still has no idea what a hashtag is. Social networking is mostly the twins territory. The only thing I got time for is my school email. Which I use to send my assignments to teachers. I mostly get all my homework done at school In My free periods so I wouldn't have to worry about them later because I know that I wouldn't have time for it. Which I think is the reason why I'm a solo loner.

I honestly don't get why someone people gets so hyped up when they see a famous person or something. They make that person seem like a god when that person is as normal as you and me. So sitting with a group of girls gossip about a a son of some very powerful man finally being released from a hospital after his accident that turned him blind was rumored to be seen in this city. Made me just stare at them with a blank face.

"Like why do you care? he is allowed to be in this city right? He isn't a criminal or any thing." I told the and they all stared at me like I just started growing horns on the sides of my head.

"He is like royalty his families business empire stretches all across the world." Baheera said like that was supposed to explain everything.

"I wish I could heal the broken Prince." Emily said dramatically with her hand on her heart.

"I wish I could see a glimpse of him in real life." Baheera replied dreamily dramatic. "Just imagine crossing him down the streets." Baheeja Sighed along with every girl in the table except me I looked at all of them like they where nuts And got up dumped the the trash on my tray. I didn't have classes the next two periods I went to the library to get my homework done. Since I finished early I took the city bus home again.

"Sweetheart." Ami greeted me when I got home from school. She wasn't alone. She was with two women and two men. I said my salams to all of them. And tried heading to the room I supposedly share with The twins. I don't sleep there I sleep in a futon I make in the living room. Because there is no room. In this room my clothes just occupy the closet. I got changed in my work clothes. its my day off at the diner and I asked for a double shift at the store and Alhamdulillah I got it because I knew what Ami was up to. She's been trying to set me up with her relatives ever since The beginning of my senior year. She even gave my number to some guy in India who was like her second cousin and was like 20 years older than me. The guy was so persistent that I blocked his number. The guy in the living room won't do as well. She just doesn't get that I'm not ready.

When I'm ready I'll know but as of now I know I'm not and I knows it's not going to be him.
I mean Allah has already written down who I was going to be with years before he created this universe. So when 'Mr. Right' does come around I'll know deep down it's him. Just like you'd know that that's your dress when you go out shopping and you've been shopping for hours and you finally find the perfect dress that was designed only for you. At least that's how Baheeja would explain it. She's a complete shopaholic. She can't stay a day without buying a piece of clothing.

After working for a few minutes I felt something tap my butt as I was squaring down to arrange something in the lower shelves. I looked up to see a young man who didn't seem that much older Than me with shades and a blind person's cane.

"Can I help you?" I asked a bit irritated Since the guy seemed to be trying to whack me with his cane. And I've so far have not been having a very nice day. Still irritated with Ami

"Do you work here?" He asked

"Yes so what can I help you with sir?" I asked again this time getting up

"Can you show me where I can find the pharmacy?" He asked I looked at him wondering how in the world was I supposed to guide a blind man there. Being a Muslim It was not permissible for a women or men have physical contact with each other if the guy isn't a mehram to the woman. Mehram means anyone who isn't allowed to marry you like your father, brother, uncle, grandfather, nephew... And all that and a mehram can also be your husband as well. And here I am debating on whether or not it's Haram to physically guide a blind person I'm not a scholar or Islam I just know the basics and at the moment there is no scholars around I thought I was in a sticky situation and had to call someone else that was until my eyes fell on his cane.

"Hand me your cane." I told him

"What? Why?" He asked looking some what confused and startled at my demand

"Do you want to get to the pharmacy? If So hand me your cane." And he handed it to me I held the bottom part of it and told him to hold the upper part and like that I guided him there. I knew I offended him somehow so I told him that it was against my believes touch him and I hoped that he wasn't offended. He said it was okay so I went back to my work station. Squaring down I saw that someone dropped their wallet looking inside to see who it was I found a drivers licenses that contained a picture familiar to the blind guy without the sunglasses and the hat. How can a blind person have a drivers license I thought putting it back into his wallet and going back to the pharmacy section to give it to him. He was sitting Down on a chair talking to someone on the phone. So I went up to him and handed him his wallet

"Sir you dropped your wallet" I told him and turned to walk away

"Who are you?" The guy said in a very rude tone. I turned and looked at him

"I'm the person who found your wallet that you dropped probably when you where whacking me with your stick and gave it back to you." I said to him trying to sound polite. I can't lose this job because of him I just can't.

Please don't forget to VOTE! and COMMENT! Your support really mean a lot💞