Chapter-4

Sorry for the mistakes in advance. Please Don't forget to vote.

After the clash between Alaric/Klaus and Bonnie, everyone believed that Bonnie was dead. Stefan takes Elena to Salvatore house while Damon takes Bonnie's body.

Damon gently puts Bonnie's body into the truck and closes it. Jeremy runs over to him.

"Hey, I got your message , I can't find anyone. Where's Elena ? Where's Bonnie?" Jeremy asks.

As he sees the truck in front of him. He spots someone in the passenger seat.

"Wait, who is that? " Jeremy asks pointing to the figure.

Damon goes to the front door of truck and finds Serena, unconscious.

He quickly opens the door.

"Rena! Rena!" He gently taps her cheeks.
She doesn't respond.

He carries her in his arm and closes the door behind him.

"We need to have a little talk" Damon says to Jeremy.

Meanwhile in Salvatore house....

Elena was sitting near fireplace, crying.

"Here drink this" Stefan offers her a cup.

"I can't" she refuses.

"Yeah. Yeah, you can. Please drink this" Stefan insists.

She take the cup reluctantly. She takes the cup to her lips but before she drinks she starts to cry.

"This is my fault" she cries.

"No, no , no, no. No, this was Klaus. Listen to me. Klaus did this." He reassures Elena.

Damon enters the house holding Serena in his arms.

Elena sees him.

"What did you do with Bonnie?" Elena yells.

"And... what happened to ... Rena?" She asks.

Damon looks at Stefan.

"Will you please calm her down?" He says to Stefan.

Stefan walks up to Damon and takes Rena from his arm and places her on couch.

"Don't talk like I'm not standing right in front of you." She grabs Damon's attention back.

"Please calm down." Damon speaks.

"You knew! Didn't you? You knew that if she harnessed all that power, that she would die, didn't you?" She accuses him.

"Yes. Yes I knew." Damon admits .

Elena slaps Damon on his face.

"You need to listen to me, and prepare for what I'm about to say. Bonnie had to die. Klaus using Alaric's body was a total surprise. She wasn't prepared for that. He wasn't going to stop and we weren't going to be able to stop him until he knew she was dead. He had to believe it. " He paused.

"It was Rena's idea that if things just turns out messy , we need to give him what he wants. That is, he wanted Bonnie's death. So Bonnie needed to die in front of him to believe that."

"Hence, Bonnie casted a spell. She's okay." Damon explains.

He turns around and walks to the couch and carries Serena in his arms. He walks to the upstairs.

"You know, you both could have told me" Stefan says.

"Rena wanted to but how do I know when you're going to go blabbing things to your girlfriend?" Damon speaks.

"You understands what you puts her through." Stefan says.

"See that's why I didn't tell you. ' Cause you would have never been able to do it. Don't get me wrong, Stefan. I don't mind being the bad guy. I'll make all the life and death decisions while you're busy worrying about collateral damages. I'll even let her hate me for it. But at the end of the day, I'll be the one to keep her alive." Damon says and walks upstairs.

Rena wakes up feeling a slight pain near her neck.

"Ahh.. you're awake." Damon greets kissing her on her cheeks.

"What happened? " she asks.

"Well it turned out Klaus used Alaric's body.." He starts.

"Yeah I kind of figured that because he snapped my neck." She says rubbing her neck.

"So thing's went as we planned?" She asks.

"Yup with a slap on my face." He says

"Slap. Who slapped you?" She asks.

" Me " Elena enters the room.

"Ugh. Look. Klaus had to think she was dead. Your reaction had to be real." He defends.

" And I am sorry for keeping this from you. We thought it would be best if your reaction would be real." Serena apologizes.

"I understand why both did. What you did Klaus was fooled, and Bonnie's alive." Elena says.

" Here's to duplicity" Damon toast.

Elena looks around the room.

"Okay, I guess it was enough of adventure today. Although I missed the major part of it. See you guys later." She leaves the house and goes to her own home.