chapter 31

AT SALVATORE HOUSE

"It's been two days, Stefan . Why hasn't Bonnie found something?" Damon asked pacing back and forth in his library.

"I know. I talked to Elena they are still searching for it. Bonnie said it's a rare spell so I guess that's why it's taking so much time." Stefan said turning up the volume of the music player.

Damon arched an eyebrow at Stefan.

Stefan simply shrugged "I need distraction. There's no good vibe in here."

"There won't be until she returns." Damon said.

They both sat on a couch, searching through journals.

Rebekah entered the house flopping herself on the seat opposite to the brothers with shopping bags resting on the floor.

Stefan raised an eyebrow looking at the bag " How was your shopping?"

She takes a dress out of the bag and shows it to them "please tell me there's more to this dress!"

"There's not." Damon shrugs.

"So women in the 21ST century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She said taking out all the dresses and giving them a disapproval nod.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Elijah said. Klaus entered with Elijah. They both returned back from the search. From two days, Mikaelson brothers and Salvatore brothers had been taking turns to search through every corners of mystic falls to find Serena but came empty handed.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah asked.

"It's dance music." Stefan informed her.

"People dance to this?" she asked.

"Hmm" Stefan replied turning another page of the Gilbert journal.

SERENA POV

I woke up to the same buzzing of chanting. It's been a habit now. I wondered if I will get to see the world. You know one of the perks of being captive to a powerful warlock is that you can never get your hopes high. Ninety five percent of time you are sure that you can't escape from here. I have full faith that Damon and others may be looking for me considering Stefan knows that I am missing. He will definitely tell Damon in one way or another. And may be Niklaus I hoped.

"How are you baby doll?" I freaked. I didn't sense him coming or more like didn't heard his footstep.

"I am bored." I said. I am really bored of his suspense.

He raised his eyebrow.

"I am." I told him again." Whatever this is Xavier, whatever you want to do, can't you fast forward it and get over with this. I am tired of waiting, waiting for you to do something. Every time you enter this room I feel like this is it, it's my end. But no nothing happens you just make me in pain for a little while and then you go. My anxiety is dying. "

"Patience, baby doll, haven't you heard that saying every drop fills the ocean? Anyways how's your wounds?" he asked.

I flinched when he asked about the wounds. The wounds he gave yesterday.

FLASH BACK

"What are you doing Xavier? " I asked with a fear in my voice.

"You will see." He said but I didn't miss the glint of evilness in his voice.

Suddenly the flames from candle lit up really bad like somebody turned the knob high. I was burning as the flames danced around the skin of my hand. Then the flames went low.

I cried fell on the floor as the burning sensation was too much for me to take in. I wasn't healing any sooner may be because of the less amount of blood intake. I am so sure he was spiking my drink making me weak. Hence I wasn't healing.

"Show me wound baby doll, let me see it" Xavier said.

"What the- are you bipolar?" I screamed at him. He was the one who gave me the wound in first place and now he is concerned?

But that didn't stop him from taking my hand in his. I cried out loud when he grabbed my hand. He loosened the grip and started sprinkling some herbs on it. I waited for another set of pain to welcome because I knew he can't be trusted. Nothing came, no pain. The pain I was feeling from the burning started to fade. My eyes started to feel heavy I couldn't keep my eyes open I knew it was a lost battle. I let myself surrender to sleep not before listening to his last words.

"Good night, baby doll."

"Why do you care?" I asked him. "It must have healed by now. I don't feel the pain anymore." I said it more to myself. I checked my hand and my eyes were widened.

"Why. Am. I. Not. Healing?" I asked him looking at the wound. I didn't feel the pain at all as I ran my hand over it. Burn seemed to be like pretty severe.

"Now you are ready." He said with a grin and felt something sting in my neck.

My hand touched my neck and I saw a syringe in his Xavier.

"What did you do, you bastar-"I fell on the floor.

*

*

*

I woke up again but eyes were still dizzy. I couldn't focus on anything but I slowly stood up looked around to see there were no candles and no witches. It was empty. I opened the door and walked through the corridor there was nothing no furniture. I opened another door it was again empty. Was I dreaming?

Finally I walked towards the entrance of the door. I looked around only welcomed utter silence. I turned the knob and stepped out as the sunlight fell on me making me to cover my eyes with my hand.

AT SALVATORE HOUSE

Stefan's phone rang breaking the utter silence as the Mikealson and Salvatore siblings waited for the call from Bonnie.

Stefan quickly answered as Elena's name flashed on the screen.

Everyone's attention tuned in to the conversation.

"Hey" Stefan answered.

"Stefan" there was silence for a moment and then Elena continued "we didn't find anything yet. There has been mention of using this spell what exactly is the spell is not mentioned."

Everyone's face fell, an utter disappointment displayed on everyone's face.

Damon threw the glass he was holding on the wall, as tears started to flow down his cheeks.

He vamp-sped and grabbed the throat of Klaus pushing him on the wall.

"It's all because of you. It all started because of you." Damon cried. Klaus didn't react to Damon's action. He knew Damon was right. "How can you taint a pure soul like Rena?"

Elijah pulled Damon away from Klaus "It's not the time for blame game. We need to find her. We need to-" he was interrupted by the door bell.

Damon freed himself from Elijah's hold " I'll get it" and sped towards he door.

He opened the door and his eyes widened at the person in front of him

"RENA!"

"Damon" she gave a small smile before falling in his arms.

********************************************************************************

HEY PEEPS!

Did you expect Serena to be free  so easily?

any ways,

sorry for any mistakes

Keep reading :)

keep voting ;)