Chapter-24

"I want you to free me from my husband's compulsion." I said.

His eyes were stunned for a moment and then he straightened himself on a chair.

"I know that original vampire can compel other vampires. But freeing you means going against them , I don't even know them in the first place." He said.

"They don't have to know about this." I told him.

"We came here with a lot of hope, please don't make our visit unfruitful." Tania said.

"Well" he got up from the chair and stood near the fireplace "Freeing someone from compulsion is not easy, not for either me or you. It does take a lot to access that power but it's you.." he paused and turned to face me.

"It's upto you. If you can bear the pain. Trust me dear, the pain is worse than the labor pain you ladies go through." He warned.

"I don't care about the pain anymore." I told him honestly .

He looked at me contemplating for a moment and then he nodded.

"How long have you been compelled?" He asked.

I fell silent for a moment. I looked at my fingers and soon they became blurry. Tears started flowing through my eyes.

"I.... I.. don't know." I told with whatever voice was left.

"I see." He said and sat in front of me.

"Give me your hand." He said stretching his own hand towards me.

I placed my hand in his.

He suddenly gripped my hand tightly. Soon he zoned out, his eyes were white and lips became dark. I was scared would be an understatement at that point.

I looked at Tania for help , but she was as clueless as I was.

Soon his ocean blue eyes came into view and his lips became light to the shade of light pink.

He looked at me for a moment without uttering a word. I could see few trails of sweat over his face

" Is everything alright, Mr. Devitto?" I asked him.

He didn't answer at first, then he loosened my hand and stood up.

"Excuse me ladies, I will be back in a while." With that he left the room.

"What just happened?" I asked her.

"I am curious too." She shrugged.

After 15 minutes he came back to the room.

"I am sorry for what happened. I had some business which needed my immediate attention." He explained himself.

"So where were we?" He asked. Before we could reply, " oh yes compulsion."

"Margaret" he called out.

The lady who opened the door for us came into our room.

"Please take them to the basement and do the necessary arrangement. I will be joining you ladies very soon." He said.

"Why basement?" Tania asked.

"Well I am sure, you don't want the whole town hear her screams, do you?" He asked.