chapter- 10

" Ugh...Klaus, I presume" Damon said looking into those blue eyes.

"In the flesh" Klaus said gritting his teeth looking at Damon.

Damon looks at Serena, her eyes were fixated on the man in front of them.

"Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"Damon asks angrily.

" I'm told that you and your brother fancy my doppelganger, but does not seems like it" Klaus said the last part looking at Serena. She just rolled her eyes at his comment.

Klaus grabbed Damon's throat letting out growl " just thought I'd remind you to not to do anything you'll regret not to the ones I want and also not to the ones I care."

"Leave him Niklaus" she rushed towards them and freed Damon from Klaus's hand.

Damon breaks into a smile at the irony of Klaus's comment.

"Ha, thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into postponement, by any chance huh?"

Oh Damon she smiled at how he manages to be witty even in the situation like this.

"You are kidding?" Klaus asked with a frown expression.

"He is kidding right?" Klaus asked to Serena.

"No, not really" she said smirking at him.

"I mean, come on , what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon pushed himself a little.

"Let me be clear.... I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up" Klaus says.

He takes two steps towards Serena hardly leaving a little space between them.

"Don't interfere in between, this time I will not spare anyone who comes in my way." Klaus said looking at her and left.

"As much as I know you, you are going interfere, aren't you?" Damon asked with a smirk.

She held the same smirk and replied " And you are going to screw it up, aren't you?"

After half an hour....

Serena answers her phone " Yes Damon?"

"Meet me near the fells church's tomb now." He says and hangs up.

She leaves her house, keeping a paper in her pocket.

Damon enters the tomb and finds Maddox, the warlock who is working for Klaus.

"Which one are you trying to save? The blond , or the wolf? Did you really think Klaus would leave them unprotected?" Maddox asks.

Damon shrugs "Wishful thinking"

He rushes over to Maddox and pins him on the ground. He starts strangling him but Maddox uses his power and throws Damon back against some rocks. He falls on the ground and Maddox gets up, uses his power and provokes a headache.

Suddenly, Maddox falls to the ground with a snapping sound of his neck. Damon looks up and sees Serena.

He gets up and rubs of the dust " Why, thank you" He walks in to the tomb and Serena follows.

"Damon?" Caroline says when she sees him.

"Serena?" Tyler says when he sees her.

"Serena, hey!" Caroline cries.

"Greetings later.. let me get you out of here." Serena breaks the Caroline's lock.

"Come lets go" Damon says.