chapter 26

Stefan and Klaus walks into a warehouse. Stefan still holds the photo of him and Klaus.

"This doesn't make any sense." Stefan says looking at the photo " Why don't I remember you?"

"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes." Klaus answers him.

"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan becomes more curious.

" I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait." Klaus says getting irritated from Stefan's questions.

" What the hell is going on? Answer me." Stefan gets angry.

Klaus turns around to face Stefan and says " Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you."

"Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire." Stefan confirms.

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus walks over to a number of coffins which contain Original vampires. Klaus opens one. Rebekah is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiles and gently touches her face.

" I don't recognize her." Stefan says looking at Rebekah.

"Well, don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine." Klaus pulls the dagger out of her chest.

"Time to wake up, little sister. Any day now, Rebekah." She's still lying there dead. He looks at Stefan.

" She's being dramatic." Klaus tells him.

" Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?" Stefan speaks in an annoyed tone clearly angry at Klaus .

"Well, you have many useful talents." Klaus beats around the bush.

" Do I?" Stefan asks in confusion.

" In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you." Klaus smiles an walks out of the warehouse.

Gloria's bar

" Where's Rebekah?" Gloria asks Klaus as she offers him and Stefan two beers.

" She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand." He answers.

He takes a drink and looks at Stefan.

" What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground." Klaus asks.

"So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you liked the way that I tortured innocent people?" Stefan asks.

" Well, that's certainly half of it." Klaus smirks.

"What's the other half?" Stefan asks.

Klaus starts pouring alcohol into two shot glasses.

"The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman." He slides one of the shot glasses to Stefan along the counter.

" You compelled me to forget?"

" It was time for Rebekah and I to move on. Better to have a clean slate." Klaus drains his glass.

" But why? You shouldn't have to cover your tracks...unless you're running from someone." Stefan comes to a conclusion.

"Storytime's over." Klaus says clearly ending the conversation.

Stefan turns his head and sees Damon, who motions to come over to him. Damon then walks behind a wall. Stefan then looks at Klaus.

" I need another drink. A real one." Stefan says and leaves.