chapter 16

We the entered the southern comfort bar. The scenario was very typical few men laughing and playing cards, while some playing pool. Few reading paper and drinking while some were busy staring at me as I was the only girl in the bar.

"Here's your drink." The bar tender said placing a glass of rum in front of me. I took the glass pour it down into my system.

"That was a quick one. But I suggest to take it slow we have a whole day to our self." Niklaus sat next to me signalling the bartender to get him a drink.

I ignored his comment and started looking for Stefan. I spotted him talking to a guy but does he know that guy? I used my vampire hearing to listen the conversation and found out that he actually compelling that guy. Why?

"Because we don't want to leave any clue behind us. What happens in Southern comfort stays in Southern comfort." Niklaus said like he read my thoughts.

"Why ain't you helping him? Use your expertise, you hold a degree in that field don't you? I am the successful experiment right in front of you." I gave him a fully stretched smirk.

It was a site to see his smirk drop and a frown marrying his face. I felt a mentally satisfying grin to myself.

He looked at my face contemplating to himself for a reply.

Very soon the bar door opened our awaited guy Ray Sutton walked in.

Ray sat at the bar table leaving a stool between him and I. He started checking me out when I caught him staring at me he winked at me. I just smiled at the poor chap who had no idea what's going to happen to him in few minutes.

Clearing the throat Niklaus stood up from the stool and sat on the stool making me and ray sitting on either side of him.

Niklaus gave a annoyed glare to which i just grinned and left the table.

I went to Stefan and sat next to him.

"So he is the guy?" He asked looking at Ray.

"Yup." Was all I said.

We tuned into Niklaus and Ray's conversation.

" I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you." He said smirk.

" I think I'll be going."He tries to go but Klaus stops him.

"Not so fast mate. You only just got here, now your type are very hard to come by." Niklaus says.

Ray tries to walk the other way but he bumps into Stefan.

Stefan speaks "I wouldn't do that." And pushes him back to the counter.

"Vampires." Ray hisses.

"You're swifty swift Ray! Yes! My friend here is a vampire. He compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf."

" You what?" Ray asks confusion clearly written on his face.

"A hybrid, Ray." I join them. "He is both."

"You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them Ray?" Niklaus continues with a smile on his face.
"You can't compel me, it won't work." Ray speaks taking a step behind. I shake my head knowing what's going to happen after.

Stefan starts scratching his head, Klaus looks at him and he nods. Stefan turns around and takes out something out of his back pocket.

Stefan orders the bar man " Can you bring out the darts please?" And then turns to Ray "Tell you what Ray, We're gonna play a little drinking game, something I like to call truth or wolfsbane."

He pulls out a pouch of wolfsbane, pours it into his hand, crushing it with his fingers.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun Ray." Niklaus says rubbing his hands together.

**************

Ray was chained to the wall, and had darts in his body. Stefan sat at the table across the wall and stirs a glass of a drink with wolfsbane in it with a dart end.

He takes it out and throws it at him. The dart hits him. Klaus was sitting next to them and watching. Everyone else was acting as though nothing unusual was going on.

Stefan says "Ray, you can end this right now. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon."

Ray speaks with a pained voice "I can't."

" I know, I know. You live by code and all that, but see he's not gonna let Stefan stop until you tell us." I point my finger between Niklaus and Stefan. " And Stefan will do whatever he says so, that's the way it goes around here."

A woman walks over to Klaus.

"Hello mister Klaus. I have some more information for you." She says. "You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw the guys spotted Damon at the farm house." She continues. Both me and Stefan listens the conversation and look at each other.

"Well, thank you Claudine. You'll just tell your friends to keep up the good work or they're gonna watch her." Klaus says.
The girl walks away and Stefan comes up to Klaus.

" My brother still on our trail?" Stefan asks.

"He's getting closer, I'm gonna have to deal with that." Niklaus tries to get up but Stefan stops him.

"No, no, no! Let me handle it." He says to Niklaus.

"Why should I let you leave?" Niklaus asks with amused grin.

"Cause, you'll know I'll come back." He says.

"Do I? " Niklaus with the same grin plastered to his face.

"You saved Rena's life . I'm at your service." He offered. I felt a pang in my chest.

"Ah, you sound so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" He points to Ray with a big smile.

" I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us any more." Stefan starts to leave.

"Wait, I will come with you." I try my luck but fails when Niklaus grabs my wrist.

"No love you are accompanying me, we' ll have beer and stuff." He says with a grin.

I look at Stefan and nods at him to leave.

And he leaves.

" So where were we?" He asks me with amused dimpled grin.