Chapter 18. The Last Morning.

**Chapter 18! Only two more chapters until the conclusion of Book 1! Chapter 20 is going to be changed immensly so I hope you'll stay tuned to check it out! As usual votes and comments are super appreciated :)

Izzy’s POV

My soft pillow was snatched from under my head. My head made a thud as it hit the ground.

“Ow,” I muttered.

“Sorry,” Jace, my pillow, whispered.  The room was dark around us, only the soft glow of the embers made it possible for me to see his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting up.

“I heard something,” He said.

“We’re in the middle of the woods Jace. You’re going to hear a lot of things.” I told him.

“No, it sounded like a—“

“Boat,” Mr. N appeared from the doorway. He held his gun in hand. He crossed the room quickly and looked out the window. Outside the window the night was still and calm. The moon lit the path leading to the cabin.

“Why would someone be boating right now?” Mark asked.

A light swooped through the trees, lighting the room. My heart leapt, someone had found us, but the light continued on.

“It was an FBI search boat. They’re too far off to see the cabin.” Mr. N whispered.

“They’re getting close then.” Mark said. No shit.

“Tomorrow morning we’ll call and make the demand for the money and instructions on what to do with it. Then,” Mr. N turned to us. His face seemed a bit remorseful. “We’ll kill them.” I guess he wasn’t remorseful enough.

The two men disappeared back into the room. I stared at Jace. By this time tomorrow we would be in some ditch, dead.

Jace reached out a hand I took it in my and squeezed it.

“I guess we won’t be going to Ocean City,” He mumbled.

“I guess not,” I mumbled. I wanted to cry, but I was totally drained of water.

“What do you think is going to happen after we die?” He asked.

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

“To us, after we die, what do you think will happen?” He repeated. I honestly didn’t know. We were taught that we would go to Heaven, but as death crept closer doubt invaded my mind. What if it didn’t exist? What if it did exist and I hadn’t been good enough?

“I honestly don’t know,” I whispered.

Jace laid his head against the wall. I sat beside him. I wanted to sleep, but it was impossible. How could you sleep when you knew the next day you would be brutally murdered?

“Would you rather eat a slug or a ladybug?” Jace asked, looking down at me.

“A lady bug,” I replied. I waited for another question. Jace didn’t say anything.

“Aren’t you going to ask another one?” I questioned.

“What? No, I’m starving and I see a ladybug and a slug. I was just wondering which you would prefer?” He said, pointing to a lady bug and slug crawling up the wall.

“Neither,” I gagged.

Jace began reaching towards one.

“Ew, Jace, don’t eat them!” I shrieked. He started laughing.