Maria

Lamar*

Things were going to take a turn for the worst, I just fucking knew it. Cane was a shark, malicious and cruel even I knew of him. I never wanted to be friends and despite the bad vibe I got from the creep we did run in the same circles.

By now my feelings for Renee and Christian had increased tenfold. I was very protective over them and I intended to make good on my promise. Cane wouldn't touch them. Even though Renee thought this was her battle alone, we would face it together. Yes she could defend herself against him if it came down to it but Cane would use every dirty trick to get her within his grasp I doubted a black belt would prove useful against him. He would use other means to get to her like Christian even knowing thats his son. And I would make sure that didn't happen.

Over my dead body...

Renee had went upstairs to check on Christian and I finally had a chance to power on my phone. I needed to inform Kayleen of the situation since we lived together.

"Is everything okay?" She asked the moment she picked up.

"No, not really. The dinner was a disaster Kaylen."

"What?! What happened?"

"Fucking Cane was the one that had raped her!"

"Oh no. She must've been the girl he tried to force me to track down. One sec..." I could hear her furiously typing. "Lamar you are going to have to center yourself for this... Cane beat her to the point she had an concussion, she had went to the hospital afterwards and later attempted to press charges against him. At the time Cane's father and her mother were engaged so this was big. Apparently it was against her parents wishes because in the process she was disowned and kicked out and later she dropped the charges and went off the grid. Her parents said it was all some big misunderstanding and someone had hurt her and she didn't remember clearly and that they loved her and to come home. She never returned."

"Why didn't we know about this? I mean our parents were business partners."

"We did. At that time her name wasn't Renee but Maria."

Suddenly I remembered the story and yes it was awful. Which was why when he asked Kayleen to find her she refused.

"That would mean that her parents are..."

"Yes, its awful."

"Thank you Kayleen. For everything I can only hope Renee trusts me enough to fill me in on the missing pieces."

I hung up feeling more distraught then I'd ever been. It was a wonder I didn't find out sooner she was Maria, we had met maybe twice when we were younger but the resemblance was uncanny. I should've immediately recognised her.

__Really I'm not sure where I'm going with this but this is gonna be one hell of a ride for Lamar and Ren- Ahem Maria and I hope you guys continue to see this to the end. Tell me what you liked and didn't like and what you'd like to see happen next. Xoxo _Bunny